5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

pulled the trans

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 09:44 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

better get that thing fixed asap John!!! word on the street is you the slow man in town now.........been passed by others..lol
Old 07-25-2014, 10:06 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I was hoping to hear some insight from you on this not just you better get it fixed. LOL By the way I am like number 2 with the guys I run with now and around number 6-8 with the area people. LOL Time to turn it up theres a new Cobra in town that they say runs 9.30s came out of FL. he went down and bought it. Also 5.0 Chad well his is now no longer running it is hurt in a BAD way. lost oil press. and didnt catch it soon enough now it is locked up. Can you say BIG MONEY fix. But he is buying killer parts for it. I priced him out some Ford Racing parts early this week. But the 9.30 Cobra is now the fastest street car around if it runs what they say and that is better then the Chevys on top LOL. I just keep messing with my old 5 year old combo while all them other guys are throwing cash at there stuff. LOL but I will be putting out a small amount for the seal kit for the trans and a new fuel pump. But nothing like them other guys. LOL plus I dont have it to spend LOL. poorboy racing here. I need a team player some one with money and do a tag team car. you in LOL??!!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:01 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by uedlose
I was hoping to hear some insight from you on this not just you better get it fixed. LOL By the way I am like number 2 with the guys I run with now and around number 6-8 with the area people. LOL Time to turn it up theres a new Cobra in town that they say runs 9.30s came out of FL. he went down and bought it. Also 5.0 Chad well his is now no longer running it is hurt in a BAD way. lost oil press. and didnt catch it soon enough now it is locked up. Can you say BIG MONEY fix. But he is buying killer parts for it. I priced him out some Ford Racing parts early this week. But the 9.30 Cobra is now the fastest street car around if it runs what they say and that is better then the Chevys on top LOL. I just keep messing with my old 5 year old combo while all them other guys are throwing cash at there stuff. LOL but I will be putting out a small amount for the seal kit for the trans and a new fuel pump. But nothing like them other guys. LOL plus I dont have it to spend LOL. poorboy racing here. I need a team player some one with money and do a tag team car. you in LOL??!!
tag team back again....lol where we gonna get the car??? as far as input......I'm a 5spd guy..lol I have no clue where the chunk came from....a piece of casting?? or is it metal?? Also , heard about the cobra from Kevin about 2 weeks ago (that was the word on the street I was hinting about) ....at least you rank on a list......me?? not so, super poor boy racing here now with a third cookie cruncher But at least my ride is running, got the vert out today and here at work, gonna hit the cruise in later tonight, perfect vert weather, and that sucks about Chad's 5.0 but with all the mods and power he kept throwing at it, bound to have happened......what are his plans??

Last edited by mjr46; 07-25-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:51 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

definitely metal. not cast flash at all off anything I can see even the metal parts. Chad is looking at the Ford Racing Aluminator engine manley rods, forged pistons and 11 to 1 compress. the throwing the S/C back on but I keep hearing the word turbo pop up so who knows LOL. The cone zone is where I think we are gone tonight more hot rods then show cars over there.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:17 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

definitely metal. not cast flash at all off anything I can see even the metal parts. Chad is looking at the Ford Racing Aluminator engine manley rods, forged pistons and 11 to 1 compress. the throwing the S/C back on but I keep hearing the word turbo pop up so who knows LOL. The cone zone is where I think we are gone tonight more hot rods then show cars over there.
yeah I was at the cone zone for a while.......talked to your boy and a few others there......dang, it was a humbling experience to be there with hot rods vs trailer queen show cars..........made me feel like a chump with my little boy toy, seems like half the guys there had low 10 to 9 sec rides.......I drove away quietly and meekly, hoping no one would notice my poor little wanna be race car. Was talking to one of Kevin's friend, he had a fox with a 454 ls motor in it, started it up and man you knew it was something to be reckoned with.....all out race car with no saftey equipment...lol, who needs that stuff anyway )
Old 07-28-2014, 08:25 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I came but got there late. Sorry I missed you. yep the place smells of money bad, way out of my league for sure. I just cant bring myself to spend the kind of $$$ they are on my car anymore LOL just cant do it nor do I have it LOL. the low 9s Cobra went to the track only ran low 10s thats a long way from the low 9s not that low 10s is slow but you know how the talk is out on the street. I missed the big CID Mustang also. it should be a monster for sure but you know how I feel about LS engines in a Ford. To each there own they didnt do anything they couldn't do with a Big CID Windsor engine. Crazy stuff down there for sure they are gone to meet up again on Friday night. I am gone to try and get there sooner. I will just have to eat dinner later.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:38 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I came but got there late. Sorry I missed you. yep the place smells of money bad, way out of my league for sure. I just cant bring myself to spend the kind of $$$ they are on my car anymore LOL just cant do it nor do I have it LOL. the low 9s Cobra went to the track only ran low 10s thats a long way from the low 9s not that low 10s is slow but you know how the talk is out on the street. I missed the big CID Mustang also. it should be a monster for sure but you know how I feel about LS engines in a Ford. To each there own they didnt do anything they couldn't do with a Big CID Windsor engine. Crazy stuff down there for sure they are gone to meet up again on Friday night. I am gone to try and get there sooner. I will just have to eat dinner later.
yeah , I couldn't stay to long, had to be up early to be at home for the delivery of my 953 loader I rented to knock trees down and dig the hole for the man cave!!!! It's finally gonna happen!!!!
Old 07-28-2014, 04:02 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Man cave cool good to hear things are moving along