2016 GT/CS Hood Paint Bubbling and Peeling Issue - MustangForums.com

5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:16 PM   #1  
Robert Ennis

Question 2016 GT/CS Hood Paint Bubbling and Peeling Issue

I recently noticed that the front of my hood is bubbling up on both sides of my hood and has started to peel on the driver side. My car is still covered by the Bumper to Bumper warranty but I am wondering if Ford will fix the issue. I've seem some varying opinions on if Ford will cover it under the warranty as I don't know if its currently would be considered "perforated due to corrosion" as the warranty states is required and as others have said Ford used to deny coverage. I've also seen that this a common problem on some of the older models but I haven't found anyone else with a 2015+ with this problem. I have attached pictures of the two areas of concern.

Any and all advice would be helpful. I plan to take it to my dealership but want to do as much research as I can before hand as I fear an uphill battle getting this fixed by Ford.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 GT/CS Hood Paint Bubbling and Peeling Issue-driverside.jpg   2016 GT/CS Hood Paint Bubbling and Peeling Issue-passengerside.jpg  
Robert Ennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #2  
proeagles
3rd Gear Member

All the advice in the world isn't going to solve this problem until you take it to your Ford dealer and see what they will do. Chances are if you have a good relationship with them, they will take care of you.
proeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:34 PM   #3  
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

They sure as hell should fix that. There is warranty against defects in paint, just not for wear and tear.
redass02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #4  
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt
They sure as hell should fix that. There is warranty against defects in paint, just not for wear and tear.
Ford won't fix them,
(depends on the dealer too,)
but they aren't covering it, most of the time.

(apparently, its because of the way the paint sticks to the metal, & the paint coats are too thin)
my 2006 is actually better than a 2018. theres not a flaw in any of my paint, & just wash it with rags & water & dry it.
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote