Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Trouble Code U0514

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 05:01 PM
2015RubyRedGT

Angry Trouble Code U0514

Car showing AdvanceTrac Service light, TracControl Off, ABS. Reading code U0415. Replaced and updated ABS Module still have same issue. Any and all help would be much appreciated!
Old 05-03-2018, 05:52 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

module was replaced but, how's the wiring harness and pins look? That code means the PCM is not receiving the expected signal from the ABS module by the allotted time. It basically times out before the ABS module says "Hey, i'm here and working".

Dealer replace that under warranty?
Old 05-05-2018, 11:32 AM
2015RubyRedGT

Can't see anything wrong with them, do you know what specific wire(color) I should be tracing? My father in Law and I replaced it ourselves and had it programmed at Ford. He's a retired mechanic.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:17 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

U0514 - Invalid Data Received From Mirror Control Module

Old 05-31-2018, 05:04 PM
16racered5.0

Originally Posted by 2015RubyRedGT
Can't see anything wrong with them, do you know what specific wire(color) I should be tracing? My father in Law and I replaced it ourselves and had it programmed at Ford. He's a retired mechanic.

Any luck with this issue? I am having the same problem right now.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:48 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Every look up says that code is for a mirror control module, but after
more digging:
U0514 - Solenoid relay abnormal connect, or solenoid circuit open.
U0514 - Invalid data received - anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module

Wiring, Wheel speed sensors, Defective ABS control module, Defective ABS pump, PCM

The car will stop without ABS, so don't worry that your breaks will fail, they
will not.

Some common causes of code U0415 could include the following-
Damaged, burnt, shorted, disconnected, or corroded wiring and/or connectors in the ABS wiring harness.
One or more defective or malfunctioning wheel speed sensors, but note that this condition will almost certainly be indicated by additional codes that are related to individual wheel speed sensors.
Defective ABS control module.
Defective ABS pump.
Failed or failing PCM; Note that this is a rare event, and the fault must therefore be sought elsewhere before any control module is replaced

The PCM requires valid data from the ABS system at all times via the wheel speed sensors in order to be able
to control the brake -, and other brake-dependent system in a safe and effective manner. Thus, if the PCM
detects input data from the ABS that is implausible, or invalid in any way, it will set code U0415, and also
illuminate a warning light. Note that on most applications, the PCM will also disable or deactivate the ABS
system until the fault is corrected.

The module was replaced, now you have to move on to the wheel sensors, and
pump, or wiring.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:08 PM
R2300S550

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
Every look up says that code is for a mirror control module, but after
more digging:
U0514 - Solenoid relay abnormal connect, or solenoid circuit open.
U0514 - Invalid data received - anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module

Wiring, Wheel speed sensors, Defective ABS control module, Defective ABS pump, PCM

The car will stop without ABS, so don't worry that your breaks will fail, they
will not.

Some common causes of code U0415 could include the following-
Damaged, burnt, shorted, disconnected, or corroded wiring and/or connectors in the ABS wiring harness.
One or more defective or malfunctioning wheel speed sensors, but note that this condition will almost certainly be indicated by additional codes that are related to individual wheel speed sensors.
Defective ABS control module.
Defective ABS pump.
Failed or failing PCM; Note that this is a rare event, and the fault must therefore be sought elsewhere before any control module is replaced

The PCM requires valid data from the ABS system at all times via the wheel speed sensors in order to be able
to control the brake -, and other brake-dependent system in a safe and effective manner. Thus, if the PCM
detects input data from the ABS that is implausible, or invalid in any way, it will set code U0415, and also
illuminate a warning light. Note that on most applications, the PCM will also disable or deactivate the ABS
system until the fault is corrected.

The module was replaced, now you have to move on to the wheel sensors, and
pump, or wiring.
Hello there I was wondering if you've gotten this fixed I just had issues with my PCM it was put on the bench and reprogrammed by my tuner.. the Advanctrac, ABS come on and say fault but then go off after a minute. Comes on after a couple minutes of driving then goes off any ideas.. I have had the wheels off the front I installed the vmp triple pass heat exchanger and a 79mm pulley and 170°t-stat.. any input will be helpfull.. and sensor or ring or maybe faulty wire or since the pcm was recal maybe the ABS and advancetrac modules need recal???
Old 06-30-2018, 09:12 PM
16racered5.0

Default Pcm

Originally Posted by R2300S550
Hello there I was wondering if you've gotten this fixed I just had issues with my PCM it was put on the bench and reprogrammed by my tuner.. the Advanctrac, ABS come on and say fault but then go off after a minute. Comes on after a couple minutes of driving then goes off any ideas.. I have had the wheels off the front I installed the vmp triple pass heat exchanger and a 79mm pulley and 170°t-stat.. any input will be helpfull.. and sensor or ring or maybe faulty wire or since the pcm was recal maybe the ABS and advancetrac modules need recal???

Well replacing the wheel speed sensor and hub assembly fixed the problem. Not sure which as the work was performed under warranty at the dealer. The lights that we’re being displayed on my dash we’re constant