Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

2017 Engine Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Samantha Boley

Default 2017 Engine Misfire

Hello all... I hope one of you can tell me what in the heck is going on with my car.. it's throwing codes P0300 and P0308. Multiple cylinder misfires.. and now my horn honks every time I start the car. This thing only has 26000+ miles. It's scheduled for service next Wednesday, but I am concerned. I originally thought that I had gotten some bad gas.. but upon more research, it looks like it's an engine issue. Anyone have these same issues? This is a performance pack car.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:42 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Since; 2017 + Under Warranty = FREE FIX at the dealer.
There is no point in everyone here making guesses, when you are going to the dealer
to have it serviced.

P0308 is actually Cylinder #8 misfire, which is happening more often than
the P0030, Multiple cylinder misfire.

Dealer should address all this, so you can update us once it's done...

Dunno what the horn sound is upon engine start... Maybe an indication of trouble,
or a short...
Old 11-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Samantha Boley

Thanks, just wanted to see if there were others out there with the same issue. I'll update with what the dealer comes up with.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:56 PM
CoyoteGuy

I'm really interested to see the cause of your issue. I own a 2016 GT MT, bone stock with 32400 miles. I'm throwing codes P0300 and P0302. Happened after merging onto highway at about 70. Made a trip to the dealer and they had a TSB that they claimed fixed the issue. CEL back again today after merging onto highway. Also noticed yesterday, vehicle was coming up to temp at a light and it had a low, rough idle at about 450 RPM. A different post said something to the note of the intake manifold being the issue and was fixed. Dont know about the horn issue... Dealership visit tomorrow for sure. Hope to hear an update and resolution!
Old 11-08-2018, 07:01 PM
CoyoteGuy

And also, sorry for the shaky reply. The first one had missing details and was out of sequence. Long day. I'm new here. And stressed about my car
Old 11-09-2018, 07:25 AM
GT Nate
2nd Gear Member

Take to dealer, be calm and polite, loose your cool and they'll just blow you off. Ask for a loaner as it might take a day or so to fix or get parts.
could be a PCM, or a clogged injector but they'll fix it. Before you drive off the lot, drive it around the lot a little...make sure it's fixed before you head home...

Good luck amigo!
You might also get a survey call afterwards, if they did good and fixed it, give them a glowing review. They do take notice of bad reviews.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Samantha Boley

Default Dealer called

They called on Thursday and told me that they were replacing the intake manifold. Part was supposed to come in yesterday, so I’m hoping I get it back Monday.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:03 PM
CoyoteGuy

Glad to hear you are getting taken care of. Another thread had mentioned the intake and I suppose this is a more common issue. My CEL disappeared but I'm still going to have them look it over tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:25 PM
Samantha Boley

Mine had gone out as well and I cancelled my first dealer appt, but it soon came right back on. Keep the appt!! Hope you figure out what is going on with yours soon!
Old 11-12-2018, 08:36 AM
CoyoteGuy

Thanks. I dropped it off to my trusted service advisor this morning. They had a loaner f150 ready for me and my service advisor even knew about the intake manifold problem. Will update when I get it back with the paperwork

Quick Reply: 2017 Engine Misfire