Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

15 GT Premium will not run

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 10:30 AM
Civiced77

Default 15 GT Premium will not run

Hello all, I'm new to the forums, but am in dire need of any help possible. I've owned my 15 GT for about 2 years now and just recently decided to modify it. I recently did a gt350 intake swap, gt350 throttle body,c&l racer intake, 47# injectors, and long tube headers which are open. All this is supported by a BAMA tune. After getting everything installed and tune downloaded, first start threw a P068A code which I cleared after speaking to tech support at BAMA due to it being a non issue. The car will turn over and attempt to crank but will not stay running. I've double checked all wiring connections and fuses but am still having no luck with the problem. Short of sending it to Ford I'm lost. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

P068A is specifically a PCM/ECM failure or power/wire issue

OBD-II Code Hard or no start in cold weather is defined as a ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance - Too Early

The PCM Power Relay supplies power to the engine control module (PCM). If the PCM detects a variance in voltage from the Power Relay, the PCM will set code P068A.

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) failure
Powertrain Control Module (PCM) power relay failure
Wiring issue

What made AM say it was "non issue"?

Double check all of your wiring connections, make sure nothing is kinked or bent weird, find the PCM relay and try swapping it with another one like the one from the AC temporarily to see if the problem is fixed.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:00 PM
Civiced77

Originally Posted by Derf00
P068A is specifically a PCM/ECM failure or power/wire issue

OBD-II Code Hard or no start in cold weather is defined as a ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance - Too Early

The PCM Power Relay supplies power to the engine control module (PCM). If the PCM detects a variance in voltage from the Power Relay, the PCM will set code P068A.

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) failure
Powertrain Control Module (PCM) power relay failure
Wiring issue

What made AM say it was "non issue"?

Double check all of your wiring connections, make sure nothing is kinked or bent weird, find the PCM relay and try swapping it with another one like the one from the AC temporarily to see if the problem is fixed.
The code was considered a non issue because they said it's not uncommon for the code to appear after flashing a performance tune. Once I cleared the DTC it has not come back and I am not getting any other codes now. I swapped relays as you suggested and the car is still doing the same thing
Old 03-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Well, only two reasons why a modern car won't start if it turns over. Spark and/or Fuel is not as expected. I wonder if the tune is properly set up for your mods...

Do you smell any fuel out the exhaust? Pull a plug or two after cranking and see if they are wet (fuel). That would indicate too much fuel being dumped into firing chamber. Basically flooding the engine.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Civiced77

Plugs aren't showing any excess fuel indicators, I also tried the cylinder clearing process (holding throttle to floor to cut injectors off), I can barely smell fuel but its not overwhelming and with open exhaust I'm curious if that's normal. Is it possible the open headers are an issue? All O2 sensors are installed and brand new