2011 5.0L Clutch Pedal Issue Fix - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 5.0L Clutch Pedal Issue Fix

Reply

 
 
 
Old 05-16-2012, 11:04 AM
  #21  
ring3r
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by 99gtstang View Post
Old thread, but searching does wonders.

TSB anyone?
I've got the same issue, it popped up after 6 days of ownership.

I live in Germany and so they're having to contact Ford America and then try ordering parts and it's just taking forever.

I just got word from the dealership that Ford instructed them to bleed air out of system and that they did it, but it didn't fix it (frustrating because I know exactly what the problem is...). They're waiting for a reply from Ford again to see what the next step is.

It's been 2.5 weeks since I gave them my brand new car and there has still been no parts ordered...I get that the dealership has to follow Ford's instructions otherwise they wont pay for the repairs....but 2.5 weeks and no progress at all? At least my extended warranty is paying for my rental but I paid for a 400+hp mustang, not a 90hp Audi. Kick me back a monthly payment and my insurance or something, jeez.

I tried contacting a Ford rep on these forums but never got a reply....this is taking so long that I definitely feel like there needs to be a sense of urgency on Ford's part. Do something....contact me, let me know what's going on, just get it fixed!

Last edited by ring3r; 05-16-2012 at 11:07 AM.
ring3r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:34 AM
  #22  
99gtstang
5th Gear Member
 
99gtstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: GA
Posts: 3,015
Default

Protocol - They have to fix one thing at a time to try identifying the issue. I hate it, but that's how it is. My car has been having some sort of electrical issue and they did a reflash which did not fix the issue. Next they want to hook up a data logger, but it's not doing it enough again to take the machine with me.

Tech line has 0 reports for my issues.

My clutch pedal does what you're referring too, but it's still safe to drive I feel. I would pick it up and drive the hell out of it When a TSB comes out then get it fixed
99gtstang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:55 PM
  #23  
ring3r
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by 99gtstang View Post
Protocol - They have to fix one thing at a time to try identifying the issue. I hate it, but that's how it is. My car has been having some sort of electrical issue and they did a reflash which did not fix the issue. Next they want to hook up a data logger, but it's not doing it enough again to take the machine with me.

Tech line has 0 reports for my issues.

My clutch pedal does what you're referring too, but it's still safe to drive I feel. I would pick it up and drive the hell out of it When a TSB comes out then get it fixed
I can't shift at high RPM, the clutch doesn't fully engage if I do. I didn't buy the car to demurely tool around town......performance cars aren't an investment, they're an indulgence, and it's not acceptable to me to have a brand new product that I am unable to use for it's sole intended purpose: enjoyment. I didn't buy it to look cool, you know? I don't care about that at all.

But yes, I understand why they're doing it this way and I am not worried that they will leave the issue un-fixed...Ford is clearly trying to get the issue fixed, just with the lowest possible cost to themselves. It's just infuriating that the issue is clearly the result of a flawed design...I'm paying higher insurance without the benefit of the awesome vehicle I purchased. **** goes wrong, I get it, I'm not the type to have a knee-jerk reaction....the dealership emailed me yesterday after I contacted them asking for an update, and said they were really sorry about the delay but they're not allowed to do things on their own even if the fix is obvious. They know what to do to fix it, I know what to do to fix it....but it's still not fixed. And it will be at LEAST a full week until they even get the required parts. Meanwhile I continue to drive a car with 4 times less power and approximately zero fun.
ring3r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
  #24  
DG_
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 96
Default

Well, mine started exhibiting the same problem. The clutch pedal stick about 1-2" from the floor after high rpm shifts.
Reading this thread, it seems the dealer cannot fix the issue? Is it worth it having the dealer look at it?
DG_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:19 PM
  #25  
ring3r
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by DG_ View Post
Well, mine started exhibiting the same problem. The clutch pedal stick about 1-2" from the floor after high rpm shifts.
Reading this thread, it seems the dealer cannot fix the issue? Is it worth it having the dealer look at it?
Yes, it is.

The dealer is just doing what ford tells them to. They exhausted all the options and now Ford has told them to replace the clutch cylinder. I hope that helps it, because if it doesn't fix the issue, it'll have been a MONTH without my car and still no fix.
ring3r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:43 AM
  #26  
99gtstang
5th Gear Member
 
99gtstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: GA
Posts: 3,015
Default

Originally Posted by ring3r View Post
I can't shift at high RPM, the clutch doesn't fully engage if I do. I didn't buy the car to demurely tool around town......performance cars aren't an investment, they're an indulgence, and it's not acceptable to me to have a brand new product that I am unable to use for it's sole intended purpose: enjoyment. I didn't buy it to look cool, you know? I don't care about that at all.

But yes, I understand why they're doing it this way and I am not worried that they will leave the issue un-fixed...Ford is clearly trying to get the issue fixed, just with the lowest possible cost to themselves. It's just infuriating that the issue is clearly the result of a flawed design...I'm paying higher insurance without the benefit of the awesome vehicle I purchased. **** goes wrong, I get it, I'm not the type to have a knee-jerk reaction....the dealership emailed me yesterday after I contacted them asking for an update, and said they were really sorry about the delay but they're not allowed to do things on their own even if the fix is obvious. They know what to do to fix it, I know what to do to fix it....but it's still not fixed. And it will be at LEAST a full week until they even get the required parts. Meanwhile I continue to drive a car with 4 times less power and approximately zero fun.
I can only imagine. Mine was in the shop twice for about 3 days at a time. That killed me.... 30 days is a long time for such a small issue.
99gtstang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:45 AM
  #27  
99gtstang
5th Gear Member
 
99gtstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: GA
Posts: 3,015
Default

Originally Posted by ring3r View Post
Yes, it is.

The dealer is just doing what ford tells them to. They exhausted all the options and now Ford has told them to replace the clutch cylinder. I hope that helps it, because if it doesn't fix the issue, it'll have been a MONTH without my car and still no fix.
That could be the issue... let's hope.. I have noticed the longer I hold it in the better it gets.... I don't see how spring issue could get better by holding in longer.... Maybe it is hydraulic issue.

Keep us updated.
99gtstang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:37 AM
  #28  
ring3r
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by 99gtstang View Post
That could be the issue... let's hope.. I have noticed the longer I hold it in the better it gets.... I don't see how spring issue could get better by holding in longer.... Maybe it is hydraulic issue.

Keep us updated.
Past the month mark now...Ford seems to think it's a hydraulic issue because the part they told the dealership to replace is the clutch cylinder. So now they're just waiting for it to actually ship here.

I just keep getting more and more pissed.....Once the dealership realized that I expect updates on my car they started doing it....I think that was just a cultural issue. But without some kind of explanation from Ford about what's going on or what the problem actually is I'm not very confidant it's getting fixed...I mean, if this doesn't do it, what am I supposed to do, wait another month?
ring3r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 PM
  #29  
gs462
1st Gear Member
 
gs462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 143
Default

Any update on this my 13 is doing it too???
gs462 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:41 AM
  #30  
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member
 
Slowbra302's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 390
Default

Originally Posted by gs462 View Post
Any update on this my 13 is doing it too???
Mine is as well. Will monitor this thread. Also, will be trying to figure out which route I want to take to fix this.
Slowbra302 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Boostaddict
Lethal Performance
2
09-08-2015 09:56 PM
zanemoseley
2005-2014 Mustangs
6
09-06-2015 12:58 PM
mustangchef
New Member Area
7
09-04-2015 08:08 PM
raleigh05GTO
New Member Area
5
09-04-2015 07:09 AM
Emblazoned
General Tech
0
09-03-2015 10:45 PM

Forum Jump

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory