Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

SCT Tuner from America Muscle/Brenspeed. Questions regarding lifetime tunes..

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM
fyreant
1st Gear Member

Question SCT Tuner from America Muscle/Brenspeed. Questions regarding lifetime tunes..

Ok so i'm about to pull the trigger on a SCT Tuner from either American Muscle or Brenspeed i'm thinking. I'm very interested in the "lifetime tunes" feature they boast.. however.. What happens when I get parts from somewhere OTHER than from their organization? Best example is what if I buy the tuner now from AM, and then go buy an offroad Xpipe from Lethal Performance and need my tune updated? will they not do it for free because I didnt but the part from them even though they do not offer that specific part? same goes for the Borla Catback for the 2011 GT.. AM doesnt offer that either..

HELP!!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:13 PM
jcm2011gt

i believe AM will give you the free tunes for life no matter what as long as you buy the initial tune from them, they will update it for you for free. The hard part for me to decide is which company to buy the cai/tuner combo from. AM is the cheapest, but seems to advertise the least horsepower, where lethal performance is the most expensive but claims like 43 rwhp across the curve, idk, ive been debating this for weeks ive looked at all of them over and over but AM seems to be the most interested in selling there product.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:04 PM
fyreant
1st Gear Member

thanks for the response.. I'm actually just doing a k&n drop in filter on mine.. Did that on my last car and had great results after a tune.. hoping for the same...
Old 09-27-2010, 06:24 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

All of the well-known companies you mentioned have highly regarded tuners. The difference in advertising is only a play on words - some use "peak gain" some use "peak horsepower" and some use "average gain" etc etc. All of the tuners you mentioned know what they are doing, and the differences in their tunes, I imagine, would be very close as far as horsepower and torque gain.

The differences you may want to consider lie elsewhere. For instance, Brenspeed has always been highly regarded for superb throttle response. As other posts on this forum will suggest, several people have had great experiences with Livernois', Lethal, and Evolution tunes, which were (as far as I can recall) never one of the "big name" choices with the 05-09 cars.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:06 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

From AM's site:

Offer only valid for customers who originally purchased an SCT Livewire, X3, X2, four bank-chip or Diablosport Trinity and new parts that require the need of a new tune from AmericanMuscle.com. SCT Mustang 4-Bank Eliminator Chip users must ship the chip back to us for reprogramming after contacting us first for directions.

All "free tunes for life" offers stipulate you buy the new parts from the same site.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:00 PM
fyreant
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
From AM's site:

Offer only valid for customers who originally purchased an SCT Livewire, X3, X2, four bank-chip or Diablosport Trinity and new parts that require the need of a new tune from AmericanMuscle.com. SCT Mustang 4-Bank Eliminator Chip users must ship the chip back to us for reprogramming after contacting us first for directions.

All "free tunes for life" offers stipulate you buy the new parts from the same site.
that is what it says I saw that when I was on the site.... however, im on another forum that AmericanMuscle sponsors, and today I got a direct reply to this question from them indicating that I can buy a CAI from E-Bay and they will retune for me no questions asked. I was stoked to get that answer. I decided that was all I needed to hear to make my decision. Placed my order about an hour ago. I am quite excited! Christmas is gonna come early this year!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:58 PM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
From AM's site:

I've seen AMChrisRose state on several threads that you just need to buy the original tuner and tunes from them. It doesn't matter where additional parts come from. If you read the wording that you quoted, it says paraphrasing here, "If a part requires a tune, AM.com will do it if you bought the tuner from them". Not all parts require a tune, and some parts they won't do a canned tune for.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:44 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

I just found this thread and I wanted to clear up a couple of things. Our Free Tunes for Life program applies to everyone who buys a new SCT or a Diablosport Trinity from us. When you need a new tune, all you have to do is call in or place an order online for the new tune (the tune is free, but we need to put the info into our order processing system) and fill out the tune information form. Once we have the info for your new tune, we'll write it and send it out to you ASAP. There are some limitations to the Free Tunes for Life program, but those are extreme modifications like aftermarket superchargers or turbos.

We don't use "canned" tunes. Canned tunes are tunes written with SCT's value files or the tunes that are included on a tuner. Our tunes are written with our own value files, which we've researched, refined, tested, and proven. If you have any questions about your tune, getting a new tune, or performance parts, feel free to send me a pm or give our tuners a call directly at 888-226-9764. We're always happy to help, and the Bama team is here five days a week.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:53 PM
fyreant
1st Gear Member

Thanks for clearing that up AMStanger. It would appear that I was misinformed by own assumption in thinking that anything related to the SCT is a canned tune. I will make sure to keep this in mind for future threads!! P.S. I just got my SCT in the mail from you guys today! Cant wait to get home and rip open the box like its xmas!! :-D
Old 10-08-2010, 09:45 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Any time! Let me know how you like your new tune.

Quick Reply: SCT Tuner from America Muscle/Brenspeed. Questions regarding lifetime tunes..