Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

So... Borla Touring or S type...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

Default So... Borla Touring or S type...

I just cant decide....I like the s type just worried that it may drone or be just too loud....touring may not be enough.....Help
Old 11-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Rebel302
1st Gear Member

Personally, I like the s-type better. It sounds a little more aggressive. Have you seen their video clips of each one? I believe it's available on their website if you haven't already seen them. I say s-type, but it's really your call. I don't believe there is a performance difference between the two, just a matter of sound preference.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:02 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

s type for sure
Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 AM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

S-Type has been the biggest seller so far for us!

When you make your decison look us up. We have some of the new Borlas in stock and are offering up some discounts to forum members.

Thanks!

Ken
sales@southernmustangparts.com
Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Old Chuck

Default There is no drone

From what I have read on different forums is that none of the Borla or Ford Sports which are made by Borla have a drone. One person did appear to have a slight drone on the Tourning but David Borla stopped production until he found the cause. These have been very well received and may be one of the best no drone pipes out there. Many say that the Borla and Ford Sports do not give the very low rumble of old V-8's but it appears that when you get closer to that old school muscle car sound that you also get highway drone. I would assume that it is the low frequency that starts the harmonic drone that can drive some nuts. All in all, the Borla's are very nice and very well made. The customer support has always been the best. I would listen to both the tourning and sport to see what you like. The sport is definately louder when you step on it but in normal running neither are much louder then stock. I would try to hear them in person as the sound clips on Borla's site while good ,never seem to equal the real thing. Since the Ford sports are very close to the Borla sports, you might be able to hear some at your ford dealer. I am sure there are folks who are having Ford install then from the get go..
Old 11-13-2010, 03:41 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I run a set of Borla Touring axlebacks and there's some drone around 1800rpm which can get loud if you're hovering right at the drone point, but other than that yes it's louder than stock easily but to me it's not obnoxious.

I also liked the sound of the Touring system over the S-Type, although S type is more aggressive, the Touring has a warmer deeper sound which I personally prefer.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

No one around me has either of them... Im waiting for someone to get either one,,, im leaning twoards touring...
Old 11-16-2010, 10:45 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I have the S-Types and love them. No drone. They are loud at full throttle but probably about the same as my old boomtubes. They are very smooth and not intrusive at all during regular driving. I'm didn't get them because they were loud, I got them because of the tone and they don't disappoint. I haven't heard the tourings in person but I'm sure they are great too. I was just hesitant to get the least aggressive system as in the past I've done this and I got used to them too quickly and wanted something more aggressive.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

Ended up getting the ford power pack. Exhaust, tune air and oil filter for 625. They say the exhaust is slightly louder than stock and their is tune is good too..
Old 11-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Old Chuck

Default Joe in Dublin

Did you get the Ford Racing Sport Exhaust? If so, they are basically the Borla Sports. Would be interested to know your full report.

Quick Reply: So... Borla Touring or S type...