Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

So... Borla Touring or S type...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

They r the ones that come in the power pack. I will give a report when i get all the parts. The ford racing tech said they r a little louder than stock, thats all i wanted.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
MarylandSpeed
Former Sponsor

The stinger seems to be most popular. That is what I am leaning towards putting on my car. We have all these exhausts on sale at the link below-

http://marylandspeed.com/ford-mustan...1431_1440.html
Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
kbmag1

Great thread as I am thinking about one of the Borla's/Ford Racing/Steeda and the Corsa exhausts. How do you like the Ford Racing exhaust? Where did you order them? I'm looking for a low deep sound without the raspyness and drone. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Just a heads up for everybody. The Borla Touring system is being revamped, the current ones/already sold ones have a drone while at highway cruising and Borla is sending me a re engineered touring system that has supposedly eliminated drone. Really awesome of them to do it, they're also advance shipping me the new system and then shipping back is prepaid. Great deal.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:55 AM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Just got a new shipment in on a bunch of the 2011 Borla Exhaust Systems.

Check us out for pricing!

Nice deals on these right now including Free shipping in the Us!

Borla 2011 Mustang Exhaust Systems

Ken
Old 12-11-2010, 01:46 PM
dragline
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joe in Dublin
They r the ones that come in the power pack. I will give a report when i get all the parts. The ford racing tech said they r a little louder than stock, thats all i wanted.
definitely give a post when you've got these put on. also interested to see what kind of improvement the tune you get with the pro-cal.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

Im very happy with the sound of the power pack mufflers, no drone, they sound great at start up and sound great when ur going through the gears. The program for the car is good to, faster throttle response and feals like it has power. People may say tune is weak but im happy with the package...
Old 02-14-2011, 09:50 AM
11Stang20

I have a system on order and they are waiting to ship. Did you ever get your new system? I just wanted to get some Idea of when they would get caught up with the exchanges and get my system out to me.

I hope the new system works out for you.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

For those of you that are considering the touring, you may also want to look into the much cheeper GT500 takeoffs...they sound very similar, are OEM, and under $300.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:22 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 11Stang20
I have a system on order and they are waiting to ship. Did you ever get your new system? I just wanted to get some Idea of when they would get caught up with the exchanges and get my system out to me.

I hope the new system works out for you.
I have the new system installed and have been running it for a little over a month I believe. Definitely much better in terms of drone, and I love the sound inside of the cabin. At first I thought about trading them out for something louder but honestly the revision is a great balance for me between volume and depth. Plus they aren't so loud that I'll get annoyed by them over time.

Quick Reply: So... Borla Touring or S type...