Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New 2011 GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
RAMAIR

Cool New 2011 GT

I just picked up my 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Color (Black/Stone).

Transmission went out on my 2004 SRT-4 and after 3200 dollars worth of work I decided it was time to get a new car.

I ended up shopping around a bit and found a dealer that would give me the USAA car buying service price and I jumped on it.

I got over 3500 dollars off MSRP that includes the ford 1000 incentive.

So all in all a pretty good deal, the out the door price was around 33200.00

Sticker price was 34090. I am sure some did better and some worse.

I am already looking up mods . Tint will be the first thing I do since it is against the law to own a black mustang and not have tint . After that I guess I will do the basic CAI, Tune, full exhaust… leaning toward ARH or SSW headers, but still shopping around so who knows what I will end up with.
Not sure I dig the base wheels so I might be looking to replace them in the next few months, just not sure what wheels to get I do kind of like the Brembo brake package wheels but not sure I like them enough to spend the money on them.
This makes my 3rd Mustang and glad to be back in a Ford I think I keep this one for a while…
Old 11-22-2010, 01:34 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Congrats, Pics or die though. What options are on your car?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:58 PM
RAMAIR

It is just a six speed manual Premium 400A optioned car with the security package.

That is all they had really on the lot that I liked.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Does it have Brembo's? Anyways, I bet it is a nice car man.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:33 PM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

At $34K sticker I doubt it has brembos. Congrats on your new car, I have basically the same configuration as you with different colors and I love it.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:10 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

It's possible to have Brembos in that price he paid. Afterall, he got over $3K knocked off, a total price for about $38K is plausible to have Brembo front brakes even witha Premium package.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:12 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Congrats. Whereabouts in Gawgia' are ya'? I found the dealer here to be quite reasonable with their expectations on price and selection outstanding. Enjoy.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:18 AM
RAMAIR

Originally Posted by gothand
Congrats. Whereabouts in Gawgia' are ya'? I found the dealer here to be quite reasonable with their expectations on price and selection outstanding. Enjoy.
I am in Hampton GA and yes some dealers have been pretty cool on price and some... well lets just say I didn't buy from them.

For the brembo question nope my car has the standard brakes I did want brembos however there weren't any cars on the lot that had them so I decided to not really worry about it. I can always add them later if I feel like it... yeah it will cost a bit more but I don't care . Plus I would get to pick the wheels I want to go with them.

The car is getting the windows tinted today
Old 11-23-2010, 05:30 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

That is kind of my thoughts too. Ford only adds Brembo brake calipers on the front brake sets. The rears, whether you get the Brembo package or not, are the stock brake sets, even on the GT500.

There are other brake sets that are all four wheels: you can but Baers, Wilwoods, and others which are better than Brembos.

Steeda even has a four wheel Baer brake set that are 15in rotors on all four wheels! (Those are bigger rear rotors than even what the vast majority of 'Stangs have on their front wheels!)
Old 11-23-2010, 07:46 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RAMAIR
I just picked up my 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Color (Black/Stone).

Transmission went out on my 2004 SRT-4 and after 3200 dollars worth of work I decided it was time to get a new car.

I ended up shopping around a bit and found a dealer that would give me the USAA car buying service price and I jumped on it.

I got over 3500 dollars off MSRP that includes the ford 1000 incentive.

So all in all a pretty good deal, the out the door price was around 33200.00

Sticker price was 34090. I am sure some did better and some worse.

I am already looking up mods . Tint will be the first thing I do since it is against the law to own a black mustang and not have tint . After that I guess I will do the basic CAI, Tune, full exhaust… leaning toward ARH or SSW headers, but still shopping around so who knows what I will end up with.
Not sure I dig the base wheels so I might be looking to replace them in the next few months, just not sure what wheels to get I do kind of like the Brembo brake package wheels but not sure I like them enough to spend the money on them.
This makes my 3rd Mustang and glad to be back in a Ford I think I keep this one for a while…
Congrats on your new car. You will definitely enjoy it!

Our CAI and tune works great for your vehicle. Great power gains with awesome driveability.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-p...d-mustang.html

For full exhaust we would recommend Kooks systems. Those things are works of art and they fit great.

If you are ever in south Georgia you should stop by our Valdosta Georgia facility and check it out.

Quick Reply: New 2011 GT