Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Default 2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

We dyno'd 58RWHP increase at 7400RPM on this manifold! If you're naturally aspirated, you will lose a little bit of low and mid-range power/torque. The whole curve is alot smoother, and you'll still pick up the 50-60RWHP above 7000. You start gaining power around 6000-6500. Supercharger, turbo and nitrous applications will probably gain all of the low-midrange back plus plenty more!

Ford Racing 2012 BOSS 302R Intake Manifold (11+ GT) - REDUCED PRICING!! $499.99

GET YOUR NAME ON THE PRE-ORDER LIST!

So for anyone who hasn't heard the rumble on the streets, the 2012 Boss Intake Manifold is going to be in your neighborhood soon! We got word from our boys over at Ford Racing that they're putting the finishing touches on these manifolds, and will have them in your hands in April. This bad boy is going to wake up ANY 2011 GT looking for an fairly easy mod to add a ton of power.

Made from lightweight composite, you know this manifold isn't going to have ANY heat soak issues. Forced induction guys, I know you're excited right now! This is going to be a bad *** system for centrifugal supercharged, turbo or nitrous-injected 2011 Mustangs.

We're working with Ford right now to get a demo unit. We'll update this thread as soon as we get something. You can bet we'll be doing third-party dyno testing on this, and we'll keep it updated right here. We'll also be offering Bama Custom Tune updates for all you Free Tunes for Life members!

If you're planning on purchasing this manifold - what mods are you going to run with it? Intake? Long tubes? Cams? DISCUSS BELOW!

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT FEATURES

* Shipping Early April 2011
* Original equipment on the BOSS 302R Mustang
* Made from light-weight composite material
* Black Finish
* Short runners for optimum flow at high rpms
* Fits 2011 and newer GT Mustangs with Coyote 5.0L engine

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Exclusive AmericanMuscle Pre-Order! Be one of the very first to enjoy the amazing power and performance benefits of the BOSS 302R Intake Manifold for your 2011 Mustang GT. AmericanMuscle has teamed up with Ford Racing to offer an exclusive pre-order. Be the envy of other Mustang enthusiasts - reserve yours now. Shipping early April 2011.

Ideal Upgrade. Upgrade your 5.0L Coyote V8's restrictive stock intake manifold with this Ford Racing BOSS 302R Intake Manifold to channel more air directly into your engine and set the stage for other power mods.

Premium Quality. Made of a high tech, lightweight composite, this manifold will help your pony breathe better while improving underhood appearance with it's modern "Boss 302" logo.

Legendary Ford Racing Performance. When you're adding parts to your pony, trust the folks who know it best to untap hidden potential and unleash the monster under your hood. This intake manifold is featured as original equipment on the BOSS 302R Mustang.

Strong Enough for Forced Induction. Tested up to 2 bars of pressure, this intake manifold is perfect for your upgraded heads, supercharger, and or cam’ed 4 valve motor. With this type of pressure rating, it can handle the increased air flow and deliver consistent power time and time again.

Application. The Ford Racing BOSS 302R Intake Manifold is designed to fit the 2011 and newer GT Mustangs equipped with the Coyote 5.0L 4-Valve Engine. Intake gaskets are included.

Technical Note. A new Computer Tune is required for installation.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 03-06-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:35 PM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

For a car that already has a CAI, tune, and OR/X, do you think just bolting this on will be good for 5, 10, 20 rwhp? I understand that you don't have one and that the dyno will tell the gains, but what does Chris Rose *think* these intakes will provide as far as gains? Also, will the strut tower brace clear this thing?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

From what I've seen so far, it's reasonable to expect that a car with nothing other than a CAI/Tune and Off-Road X-Pipe would gain maybe 10-15 RWHP or so? Maybe 15-20RWHP with longtubes or cams? I could see a forced induction vehicle seeing as high as 30-40RWHP upper RPM's. I'm gonna shoot low, rather than high. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.

These numbers could be way off-base, but that's what I'm expecting, based off of how manifolds reacted with the 3v, and how much of a restriction I think this manifold is for the 4v.

I'm pretty sure strut tower brace fitment won't be an issue (with the 2010 Track Package / 2011 V6 Premium Package / Boss strut tower braces). It looks like there's even a channel for it "carved" into the top of the manifold.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:19 AM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Okay, so I spoke with Ford Racing about it, and it's a little too early to be 100% confirmed, but here's what we think.

The factory GT strut tower brace will not fit, but a V6 strut tower brace or a Boss strut tower brace will. They're much different if you take a look at them (I've got pictures below).

Also, there isn't a different part number for the cold air intake. This means that the factory airbox for the GT and for the Boss should be the same. This still isn't 100% confirmed, but if you look at the pictures, it looks as though they simply rotate the inlet tube up to mate with the new TB location. I can't swear to it, some aftermarket intakes may bolt right up, some might not... we'll test the second ours gets here.

Stock 2011 GT Configuration Pic

Boss 302 Configuration Pic
Old 01-20-2011, 05:46 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

The pictures online that I could find of the stock 5.0 engine don't seem to do it justice, but..in comparison to my stock 5.0's intake, the entry point of the sound tube is at a drastically different angle than on the Boss' intake tube.

Mind you, this is all speculation, but the intake tube itself appears to be more 'square' near the connection point to the stock airbox on the stock 5.0, whereas the Boss' intake tube looks more rounded throughout.

Could be a trick of the eyes, as you said it appears they just lifted it up a bit to reach the higher throttle body, but..I don't think it's the same. Maybe the part numbers you were checking were in reference to the air box only, not the pipe? Or perhaps Ford just isn't showing a part number for the Boss intake tube yet? Anyways, looking forward to the tests.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
acrbill

If nothing else it will make installing a Vortech cleaner since you won't need to cut up the plastic engine cover.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:47 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

We finally got our final pricing on the intake, and it looks like they actually are going to be $549.99 instead of $599.99! We already refunded the $50 to the current people holding pre-orders!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

I'm really looking forward to y'all testing this out with your tunes. Hopefully it will produce some nice results with a Steeda CAI.

I'm definitely going for longtube headers and cams later on.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:29 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Thanks! We're excited too. We'll keep everyone in the loop as soon as we get her up on the dyno!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:55 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Yo Chris! I sent you a pm. Check your box please.

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order