Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Auto Transmission Issue Mustang 2011 GT5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 PM
punksie1

Default Auto Transmission Issue Mustang 2011 GT5.0

Purchased 2011 GT 5.0 had 2010 GT love both vehicles, finding that the transmission does not seem to be in sync. Find that if i punch it and push accelerator to the floor board it revs real high and at about 60mph seems like there is no more torque or power.
In sport mode seems better although still seem to rev extremely high and seems to disengage.
I had a loaner 5.0 for a week prior to receiving mine and with traction control on seem to go like a rocket, never worried about what mode this vehicle was incredible. Took to the dealer and of course they never found anything wrong.
Did a second test by putting in sport mode try fish tail from station position and vehicle starts to go and then just revs high and disengages.

Look forward to any feedback...................
Old 03-04-2011, 06:21 AM
NaplesFL11GT
3rd Gear Member

Purchase a SCT tuner with a tune from Steeda, Brenspeed or Bama and it will make your auto shift like a raped ape. I had a Brenspeed tune for my 05GT auto and with that tune, the car would chirp 3rd gear. It is like a night and day difference between the stock tune and a aftermarket tune.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:15 AM
punksie1

Originally Posted by NaplesFL05GT
Purchase a SCT tuner with a tune from Steeda, Brenspeed or Bama and it will make your auto shift like a raped ape. I had a Brenspeed tune for my 05GT auto and with that tune, the car would chirp 3rd gear. It is like a night and day difference between the stock tune and a aftermarket tune.
Thanks, would this Void any Warranty and is there a special process one follows to do this.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:27 AM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

the only thing ive noticed in mine is that when you floor it the shifts are pretty firm, thats the only thing ive noticed, i am able spin tires easily.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Nothing can void your warranty. The modification you did would have to be proven to have caused the issue in order for them to not cover the repair cost.

Just do an intake+tune at the same time you'll like it
Old 03-04-2011, 12:59 PM
MrChicken

Originally Posted by punksie1
Purchased 2011 GT 5.0 had 2010 GT love both vehicles, finding that the transmission does not seem to be in sync. Find that if i punch it and push accelerator to the floor board it revs real high and at about 60mph seems like there is no more torque or power.
In sport mode seems better although still seem to rev extremely high and seems to disengage.
I had a loaner 5.0 for a week prior to receiving mine and with traction control on seem to go like a rocket, never worried about what mode this vehicle was incredible. Took to the dealer and of course they never found anything wrong.
Did a second test by putting in sport mode try fish tail from station position and vehicle starts to go and then just revs high and disengages.

Look forward to any feedback...................
Explain what you mean by "disengages".

Are you leaving it in drive or shifting it manually?

Sport mode will cut power if you get sideways past a certain point, that is normal.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:14 PM
punksie1

Thanks appreciate the help
Old 03-04-2011, 04:30 PM
punksie1

Originally Posted by MrChicken

Sport mode will cut power if you get sideways past a certain point, that is normal.
Ok so if I floor it firstly I get these hesitations, that seem like it does not know what gear it should be in, then it gets going but after I get to 60-65 the accelerator is flat on the floor board and the revs are very high and there is no more power, I literally feel the car is out of power. Now if i start out gradually and let it develop then the accelerator seems firm and has lots of opportunity to crank it up. I did have a 5.0 for a week prior to receiving mine and I never even messed with traction control the car just shot off like a rocket. I feel i need to drive another 5.0 at the dealership to feel if its the same. often i find coming on a freeway ramp and i crank it the car just goes into this massive high rev that i think causes it to loose power.............I just dont know.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:32 PM
punksie1

Originally Posted by MrChicken

I do not do any manual shifting, with traction control engaged it actually performs worse.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:06 AM
MrChicken

Originally Posted by punksie1
Ok so if I floor it firstly I get these hesitations, that seem like it does not know what gear it should be in, then it gets going but after I get to 60-65 the accelerator is flat on the floor board and the revs are very high and there is no more power, I literally feel the car is out of power. Now if i start out gradually and let it develop then the accelerator seems firm and has lots of opportunity to crank it up. I did have a 5.0 for a week prior to receiving mine and I never even messed with traction control the car just shot off like a rocket. I feel i need to drive another 5.0 at the dealership to feel if its the same. often i find coming on a freeway ramp and i crank it the car just goes into this massive high rev that i think causes it to loose power.............I just dont know.
A follow up question, what rpms are you talking about when the revs are very high?
I do think there is something wrong with your car, just don't know where to tell you to look yet. One thing you can check, open the airbox and remove the filter and look in there to see if thee is something clogging it up. I dug some leaves out of mine, i saw a post where a guy said an empty cigarette pack was in there.

Quick Reply: Auto Transmission Issue Mustang 2011 GT5.0