Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Boss Intake Install with correct fuel vapor purge setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Default Boss Intake Install with correct fuel vapor purge setup

Hi guys. I've been browsing through all the Boss intake setups out there and while you can make things work off the GT like the fuel vapor purge valve, I wanted to take the opportunity to show you guys what it looks like with the proper parts.

This is an install that we did this week that is being dyno tuned today. The parts used are from the parts list you will find on our Boss intake product page here: http://www.steeda.com/store/mustang-...-manifold.html

The next couple of shots show the new electric fuel vapor purge, and not as easily visible are the new fuel feed lines that lead up to the fuel rail that are off the Boss.

Using these parts makes everything look and fit OEM. All we had to was lengthen the harness connection to the electric fuel vapor purge valve and everything works perfectly.

Here's a couple of more shots of the rest of the setup.

The parts involved like I mentioned are listed on our site and are available from your local Ford dealer.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
SlvrGT2011

Now that is pretty work right there. Not to mention that happens to be my car down there at Steeda in South Florida. I drove it down from Jacksonville, FL. for these guys to do all kinds of work to my car and I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow to see how it runs. It's strange looking at these pictures of my own car knowing everything they are doing is top notch work. Along with this intake they installed a full Kooks Exhaust from the headers back, many suspension upgrades, and more. I can tell you for a fact Steeda has great customer service and like I said before their work is outstanding. They have kept me informed along the way as they have been performing the work and I intend on sending many of my fellow Mustang owners their way to get parts and work done. I give props to Chris, Gus, Todd, and last but definitely not least Matt who has been working on my car for the whole week.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Methinks I may be doing this mod in the near future.....
Old 04-15-2011, 06:09 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Thanks for posting; The info is great; I would have never known this. Is this sort fo info with the manifold instructions?

Oh, and great looking engine bay, the Boss manifold looks great!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:49 PM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

i wish i would have seen this a yesterday! just got done doing the install on my car and the purge looked like crap. not to mention if you don't connect it, u trip the P0443. I gotta pick this stuff up. I was told other places online you could mock somethin up, but there's no way to make it look good
Old 04-20-2011, 04:52 PM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

I called my Ford Dealer. Of course, they don't keep this in stock, which I didn't expect. They contacted Ford Racing that said it was a 6 to 8 week wait time. So for all you guys who are in the same shape as I am, this is what I mocked up at the shop, for the time being. I just got some 3/8 Vapor Line and some wire ties, and went to town. If anyone needs help with this PM me. This is how it looks:

IMG_1101 by cameronjarki, on Flickr

IMG_1100 by cameronjarki, on Flickr

IMG_1099 by cameronjarki, on Flickr
Old 04-20-2011, 05:31 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Looks great!
All you need to do to really make a clean intake to valve cover transition look is to get the boss fuel rail covers to hide the fuel lines, and your engine bay will look...BOSS!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:02 PM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

Ya know Jim, I was thinking about that, but I'm not 100% on it. I kinda like the raw look, but those covers look so clean . . . .
Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 PM
newage5.0
1st Gear Member

looks great. what did your car dyno with the procharger and boss manifold? i have a vortech on mine and im wanting to get the boss manifold for it.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:10 PM
dan_h
1st Gear Member

Nice looking engine bay...

BTW what brand of red paint did you use on your coil covers?

Quick Reply: Boss Intake Install with correct fuel vapor purge setup