Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

How long did it take for you to get your ordered mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Default How long did it take for you to get your ordered mustang?

So I ordered my 2012 GT on 1/21/11, didn't get a vin # till 4/8/11, and just went in today to stir things up and they gave me a delivery week of 5/15/11.. is this pretty typical? nearly 4 months later? The guy at the dealership (not my salesman, who was out when i dropped in) is like oh thats no big deal, i lost a sale because it took 6 months to build an explorer.. i was thinking yeah? you want my salesman to lose this sale for 4 month build? they quote about 8-12 weeks on deliver, and this is going to be 17 weeks.. how long did it take for you to get yours?

See, i was hoping i'd get this car in enough time i could get it broken in a bit, make sure no factory issues then get a cai+tune and a couple other mods (maybe 4.10s and o/r mid-pipe) before the track opens.. as it is now the track opens on the 5-22, so i hope i get to pick it up on 5-16 so i can atleast run it around town a bit before that saturday. typically opening day is the best DA i can get for the year (usually around 4000') the rest of the year is usually around 5500-8000' nothing like running a mid-high 13 in a car that should be capable of a high 11... i guess thats the price i pay for living in the mountains.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
ADK2012GTCS

My order was put in to the factory on 3/21/11 and my delivery date is supposedly 8/19/11... 6 months. Not sure what the issue is. When I worked at a Ford dealer, the turn around was usually 8-12 weeks. For some reason it seems to be a lot longer now.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

wow... with a delivery date that far out i guess I should feel lucky... i'd be mad, that time of year its about to start snowing if it hasn't already around here heheh
Old 04-20-2011, 03:15 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Perfection takes time to build
Old 04-20-2011, 04:15 PM
skyline247

I ordered mine on March 2, and I was told it would take 8-10 weeks for delivery. I called the dealership yesterday and it's looking more like 11-12 weeks now. I'm not sure why your order seems to be taking a lot longer though. I hope mine doesn't get pushed out that far...I'm already pretty anxious.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

I'm waiting on 6 months now. Put an order in for an '11 in November. Got a call today thinking that my '12 finally came in, but it was a false alarm. They got me so hyped too. Bastards.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

after 4 weeks i e-mailed asking for updates, salesman said no updates... so after 8 weeks i called, he said he'd find out whats going on and get back to me because he hadn't been checking on it.. he said it was on hold waiting for an engine when he called me back and they flagged it as high priority and sold status.. after almost 12 weeks I went in and then the rest you know from my first post. I hope the delays are for fixing known issues or something good

have you been calling your salesman and finding out why there are so many delays on yours?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:18 AM
Big_T_Judge
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by potman
Perfection takes time to build
Time is right!!! Ordered mine on Jan 10th and "6-8"weeks later, still haven't heard a word. Well after 3 1/2 months, they better hurry up and it better be damn perfect. I have Mustang fever and I'm tired of waiting
Old 04-30-2011, 09:19 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Mine wasn't quite as long as some of you've had, but mine ended up taking 14 weeks and I thought that was terrible. Also was a giant pain for me...we moved about 3 hours away from the dealership i ordered at, by the time the car got here. Thank god engines these days are resilient and my long cruise to get the car to it's new home didn't mess it up or anything.

Engine runs beautifully trust me the wait will be worth it....definitely blows while you're going through it though.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I wonder if there were delays in the production due to this: http://blogs.motortrend.com/boss-mus...est-14593.html

they had to halt the mustang production line and examine the brake assembly procedure. in the end they didn't find any way it could have been installed incorrectly at the factory.

Quick Reply: How long did it take for you to get your ordered mustang?