Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Have you had any races on the street??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:18 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

Default Have you had any races on the street??

On the way home you won't believe this.. I guess some kids with there parents Chrysler 300 was trying to run with my Mustang.. I was unaware at the first light what was going on.. They burned off fast and nasty.. Smoked off the tires.. Woke my wife up from a sleep.. She asked" Are they trying to race you?" I said "I guess"

Next light.. Turned off the traction control.. They are all red lining their(parents)engine.. I am just chilling. Wife said" oh my God.. Smoke these nerds" Light turned green.. Well.. You can imagine how bad the coyote it ate it up..
Old 07-03-2011, 08:25 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Never noticed anybody want to race with my dry daily. Vipers don't make good light to light racers, or dragracers anyway, although can hit mid to high 11s with a tire change. The stock 3.07 gearing and runflats don't help.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:47 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

The 3rd day of owning my car, someone decided they wanted to race me. They were just having fun with me though, I'm fairly certain they knew they wouldn't win but they were revving at me and so I happily revved back. It was an acura sixxer that they were racing me with. Lol when I screeched and rocketed past them without even going WOT, they met me at the next light laughing and calling me young money xD. Funny night.

There's also a guy with a C63 AMG Merc around here that drives like a dick-wad since he knows he has ridiculous amounts of money. He can't be older than 35 either, must have a rich daddy. He rocketed past me on a left turn at a light, I'm surprised he didn't slide right off the road, the roads were slick that day.

Other than that, not many cars like to tempt or play with mine. I feel like the fact that it looks like my car is pretty well modded from the outside, and looks like I love to race, keeps the ******** at bay
Old 07-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

There's also a guy with a C63 AMG Merc around here that drives like a dick-wad since he knows he has ridiculous amounts of money. He can't be older than 35 either, must have a rich daddy. He rocketed past me on a left turn at a light, I'm surprised he didn't slide right off the road, the roads were slick that day.
60grand.. Might be daddy's car and he really has a turbo Volkswagen..

I forgot to mention the hot girl with the RS Camaro.. She revved her engine on me.. Sounded like a ricer with one of those obnoxious can mufflers.. LOL.. We didn't race but she sure wanted too.. I am sure she was thinking I had the V6.. Other than my fog lights you can't till the difference... Might be why the 300 gave me a try too..
Old 07-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

only one person so far. fox body mustang. between my 2007 GT and 2012 GT I just haven't gotten in many races, but usually traffic is bad, no good place to do it around here. Which is why I love going to the dragstrip so much.

Also, we have a street/strip section for this stuff.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:13 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

That could be very true. Can't say that I'm not envious though, of the higher end sport cars out there, Audi, MB, and BMW, the C63 appeals so much more than the M3 or A8 to me. I love the sound of the engine for sure. If only I had 45K to waste on a used one even lol.

Ahh man lucky, I haven't had any good looking girls in nice cars even show any car loving spirit. They seem to just be driving them because they're pretty most of the time. I agree with you on the sixxer camaros sounding bad, it sounds like the car has been neutered.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:33 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

With our GT/CS having no markings as to 5.0 and so many not knowing what the lettering on the stripe means, we have had several interesting stop light encounters. Sucks to be them.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
With our GT/CS having no markings as to 5.0 and so many not knowing what the lettering on the stripe means, we have had several interesting stop light encounters. Sucks to be them.
Mine is a bit more cruel than that...
Took the 5.0 and the crappy looking rear GT emblem off.. Put on the ponies.. Not only do the new badges look cool, they help with the sleeper look.. I sold my 5.0 badges to my friend with a 70's maverick.. The new V6 has dual pipes.. So if they don't see the fog lights they are clueless to what she has... That is till the pedal hits the floor

Old 07-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

I agree with you on the sixxer camaros sounding bad, it sounds like the car has been neutered.
The bad thing about her's is it had to have some kind of aftermarket exhaust.. Kinda sounded like a chainsaw with the muffler removed.. It was bad.. Made my friend laugh.. He said " There is no way someone thinks that sounds good" I figure nope, but once she drove away from the shop what choice did she have?
Old 07-03-2011, 06:44 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I am surprised how our 5.0 Coyotes reputations precede themselves. Everyone who sees the 5.0 badges on my fenders seem to want to always race me. Even morons in Civics have the gall to try to run me. I do not condone street racing but it is hard not to oblige some of these asshats

Quick Reply: Have you had any races on the street??