Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Swappable Gauge Cluster?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:38 PM
rangerryda
1st Gear Member

Default Swappable Gauge Cluster?

I've got what I like to consider a "COPO" 2012 Mustang GT. It's white and only has two options, 3.73 rear and Brembo's. I'm interested to know that if I can get my hands on a GT Premium gauge cluster, will it fit directly (including wiring and function) into my base model interior? I know they are the same size and the premium has 2 more gauges amongst color changing stuff etc. but is it plug-n-play?
Old 07-24-2011, 10:23 AM
IntentionallyChewy

What does your gauge cluster look like? I didn't know there were different options.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:32 AM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

almost plug n play. you will need the dealer to set the odometer with your actual mileage. I've heard rumor that he will need to program it for your gear ratio, but it should adopt that from the pcm.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:54 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I think a tune will reprogram the electronic speedo read. But it has been so long since I read about Premium package gauge cluster to nonpremium package gauge cluster that I cannot remember if this is correct.

There is a thread on this swap but I just did a quick search and cannot find it. If someone has that thread bookmarked, please link it. I too need to read it again.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:34 PM
rangerryda
1st Gear Member

^ yeah I searched first lol. Good to know they didn't skimp on the wiring too. It's nothing I need immediately but if I come across one from a scrapped GT, I wouldn't mind the trade

My gauges are all black background and light up the Ford green/blue color with red needles. I only have two of the four center gauges up top. They don't do any magic tricks with the backlighting at redline either. I'm perfectly fine with all of this but if the timing and price is right, I wanna be able to jump on the chance for an upgrade.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:31 AM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

They are on ebay already at $250.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:45 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

The cluster will fit, the dealer needs to program the cluster to the PCM which will adjust transmission and speedo for gears. The dealer CAN NOT program the mileage, so you should find one with similar mileage or you can have the dealer send it out to get it programmed to your mileage
Old 07-26-2011, 07:47 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

The cluster will fit, the dealer needs to program the cluster to the PCM which will adjust transmission and speedo for gears. The dealer CAN NOT program the mileage, so you should find one with similar mileage or you can purchase from a dealer and they send it out to a place that is certified to calibrate mileage
Old 07-26-2011, 08:09 PM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

Good to know. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:49 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

I cant find one,haha I have been looking for awhile now!

Quick Reply: Swappable Gauge Cluster?