Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Auto or manual

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 08:20 AM
knightryder
1st Gear Member

I'm sorry but driving any performance car with an automatic transmission is about as much fun as watching mold grow on bread.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:52 AM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by knightryder
I'm sorry but driving any performance car with an automatic transmission is about as much fun as watching mold grow on bread.
I am NOT sorry but to have people so opinionated as you and to insult others for just liking something that you don't does not make what they like any less of a sports car.

Glad there are others that don't insult someone else's Mustang.

2013 Mustang GT/CS Automatic and proud of it.

ha ha
Old 05-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

manual for me..unless you got legs like matchsticks
Old 05-27-2013, 12:38 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
manual for me..unless you got legs like matchsticks
Actually I bench 315, squat 400, leg press 540, but still prefer an auto.
I have had a manual and almost did buy one this time but chose an auto.
Last entry. Those who think a manual makes a man, makes a muscle car...show their ignorance.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM
knightryder
1st Gear Member

Actually the love of a manual has more to do with being in control of a machine rather than having a machine being in control of you. Driving in its purist form means being in control of every aspect of the car and nothing puts you more in control than having to manipulate a clutch and row some gears. To a purist that is where the fun comes from in driving a car. Lastly if my earlier statement offended anybody, my apologies. My passion for manuals got the better of me.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:41 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by knightryder
Actually the love of a manual has more to do with being in control of a machine rather than having a machine being in control of you. Driving in its purist form means being in control of every aspect of the car and nothing puts you more in control than having to manipulate a clutch and row some gears. To a purist that is where the fun comes from in driving a car. Lastly if my earlier statement offended anybody, my apologies. My passion for manuals got the better of me.
Being in control of aspect of the car????? by shifting,,,,really....you control fuel flow, air flow,,,wow!!!

When I want to play I can paddle shift up or down with the auto,,and yes I know it is not the same as,,,pushing in a clutch with my left leg and physically moving a stick with a ball on it, into a gear,,,controlling EVERY ASPECT OF THE CAR,,,but

when I am driving and just enjoying the looks I get, the thumbs up and the sound and power,,,it is great,,,and when I want to floor it well,,,,,

I bet and auto will go toe to toe with the leg pushing and pushing a stick,,,,

I never put down anything for choosing a stick or auto and I would never ever put down anyone who buys the V6 Mustang either...

This topic is old

Just saying:

Last edited by mustangergt; 05-27-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:23 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Auto for me hands down. I guess I'm not a man also.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

This debate never gets old...
Just like the V8/V6 comparo...

For the quarter mile guys, yes the auto is the way to go for obvious reasons.
For the road course guys (like myself), yes the manual is the way to go, for obvious reasons as well.
For me, a manual sequential would be the most fun.

For the guys that still think that you can go in the twisties and do a better job with an auto and also go to a bracket race and trying to be more precis, consistant and faster at shifting than an auto with a manual, you don't know schit about cars really.
Just sell your Stang and buy a freaking mule... problem solved.

The choice between the two for more folks, has to do with geography and traffic on a daily basis, not one' s level of testosterone, lol.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Red8310
1st Gear Member

Well some people are getting offended. I prefer manual (more fun for me).
I have owned 6 cars and only 1 is auto, which is my daily driver. I understand the luxury of an automatic but really... you cant beat the enjoyment of a manual! Just my thoughts
Old 05-28-2013, 08:53 PM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

I'm pretty sure we're just a few posts from resolving this auto vs manual question once and for all!

Quick Reply: Auto or manual