Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Custom Catchcan Setup I made for my dads mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

454whp??
Just curious, how do you handle torque steer? What kind of diff do you run? Steering? Suspension?
I am a retired Engineer and for the life of me I can not figure out how you could get the car to go straight.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:54 AM
TurboFocus

Originally Posted by Old Mustanger
454whp??
Just curious, how do you handle torque steer? What kind of diff do you run? Steering? Suspension?
I am a retired Engineer and for the life of me I can not figure out how you could get the car to go straight.
It actually runs really straight I've never had a problem with torque steer. I run a Torsen T2 Diff, and a stock steering rack and some B&G coil overs.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:26 PM
TurboFocus

Replied to PM
Old 06-25-2012, 06:12 PM
stang8psi
1st Gear Member

so quick question.. Your saying the design of the jlt and everyone on the market is designed wrong? because I have the JLT and I have had it from 1000 miles and the oil and oil vapor it catches keeps all that junk out of the intake manifold ( I have taken it off before and checked at 10,000 miles and it was bone dry). So I see what you are saying but in theory it will work the same if it were returned to the manifold vs the driver side.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:12 PM
TurboFocus

Originally Posted by stang8psi
so quick question.. Your saying the design of the jlt and everyone on the market is designed wrong? because I have the JLT and I have had it from 1000 miles and the oil and oil vapor it catches keeps all that junk out of the intake manifold ( I have taken it off before and checked at 10,000 miles and it was bone dry). So I see what you are saying but in theory it will work the same if it were returned to the manifold vs the driver side.
No I'm not saying there wrong there many ways to do the job, some are better then others. My buddy has a jot one on his car and we swapped a boss intake on it at around 6k miles and the intake was still puddling with oil. Its all about how you drive the car (aggressive) also some motors burn more oil then others. Im saying with this design it will keep 100% of the oil out of the motor where as a JLT cannot say that.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:13 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

So want to give a parts list, where to buy/prices and some dimensions on the pieces?
Also wouldn't be better to pull a vacuum on the PCV by running a tube down to get a venturi effect? Or installing a 12 V fan accomplish the same? Engines have been pulling a vacuum on the PCV system since at least 1965, while opening it to atmosphere will vent crank case pressures it is not as effective.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:15 PM
TurboFocus

Originally Posted by clowe1965
So want to give a parts list, where to buy/prices and some dimensions on the pieces?
Also wouldn't be better to pull a vacuum on the PCV by running a tube down to get a venturi effect? Or installing a 12 V fan accomplish the same? Engines have been pulling a vacuum on the PCV system since at least 1965, while opening it to atmosphere will vent crank case pressures it is not as effective.
Sorry i will not be giving out dimension or a list of parts. I will be selling these on here as soon as the admin gets back with me. I can send you a list of everything that is included if you are looking to purchase.

As for your vent to atmosphere not being as effective it has already been covered in this thread, It is very much effective.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 AM
wproctor411
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TurboFocus
Sorry i will not be giving out dimension or a list of parts. I will be selling these on here as soon as the admin gets back with me. I can send you a list of everything that is included if you are looking to purchase.

As for your vent to atmosphere not being as effective it has already been covered in this thread, It is very much effective.
Venting is a good idea. I think electrical heat shrink for a 250 to 500 mcm cable would work for attaching to the factory fittings. It would be nice to adapt an AN fitting to the valve covers - any ideas? A set of sheet metal valve covers would go very well with this setup
Old 06-27-2012, 12:18 PM
TurboFocus

Originally Posted by wproctor411
Venting is a good idea. I think electrical heat shrink for a 250 to 500 mcm cable would work for attaching to the factory fittings. It would be nice to adapt an AN fitting to the valve covers - any ideas? A set of sheet metal valve covers would go very well with this setup
I was going to look into making some AN fitting adapters for the valve covers. I haven't had a chance to pull them off to see if its possible. but they look like there a one piece screw in design. can anyone confirm this.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:20 PM
wproctor411
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TurboFocus
I was going to look into making some AN fitting adapters for the valve covers. I haven't had a chance to pull them off to see if its possible. but they look like there a one piece screw in design. can anyone confirm this.
I may taken them off over July 4th holiday to check out the valve train and will take pics.

Quick Reply: Custom Catchcan Setup I made for my dads mustang