Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Catted X Pipe or Not???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:49 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 12GTPDX

And with respect to having to have a tune with headers, that's only so you can turn off the rear O2 sensors to keep the ECU from throwing a code. If you can live with the code, you could even do without a tune (but why would you want a code always showing?)
That's not true. You need a tune for long tube headers because the front o2's have been moved further down stream and you need a tune to compensate for it.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Get the cats, 5-10hp isn't worth the pollution.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:39 PM
12GTPDX

Originally Posted by scottmach
That's not true. You need a tune for long tube headers because the front o2's have been moved further down stream and you need a tune to compensate for it.
I missed that they were LT headers -- you are correct in that case.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
If you dont have to pass emissions, why run a catted setup?
So the person behind you, sitting in traffic, eyes don't water from the fumes? I can smell a car with no cats or bad cats and it is not something I want going in my lungs.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:57 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
So the person behind you, sitting in traffic, eyes don't water from the fumes? I can smell a car with no cats or bad cats and it is not something I want going in my lungs.
If it was up to me, this emissions **** would not be in effect. Its a money maker. It should be optional. I dont agree with the fact that the state can tell me how to run/setup my car, but its a law and i have to follow it. But i respect your opinion.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

If the emissions standards weren't in effect, we'd all be dead or dying by now. "F" the earth right? Remember, its your family and friends sitting behind these people trying to get an extra 2hp and acquiring lung cancer in the process.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:05 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

id run them if you have to get your car inspected / smog test
Old 08-14-2012, 07:10 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
If the emissions standards weren't in effect, we'd all be dead or dying by now. "F" the earth right? Remember, its your family and friends sitting behind these people trying to get an extra 2hp and acquiring lung cancer in the process.
I didnt say "F" the earth. All i said was that they should be optional, thats all
Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
If it was up to me, this emissions **** would not be in effect. Its a money maker. It should be optional. I dont agree with the fact that the state can tell me how to run/setup my car, but its a law and i have to follow it. But i respect your opinion.
So move to another state and stop crying. Come down to Florida and run straight pipes on your truck like the rest of the white trash.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
So move to another state and stop crying. Come down to Florida and run straight pipes on your truck like the rest of the white trash.
Not crying, i like my setup now actually. And i do not own an f-150 like white trash...

Quick Reply: Catted X Pipe or Not???