Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My Deal For A GT Died Today Over Acoustic Porting - Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boss_Hotrod
A set of long tubes and a good set of mufflers will take care of that tube. I cant even heard mine but granted im drowning out Harley's with the exhuast on the boss.
Hehehe, long tubes. Its like having another horn. I actually hear my car now cruising at 2k. I never hear the sound tube unless there is a substantial hill when going in 6th.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Meh. My car has a whine from either the tranny or the rear-end under load from about 63 mph - 70 mph. It's more noticeable since the car is so quiet.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:03 PM
kingGingy5.0
1st Gear Member

This clip came to mind..
Old 11-03-2012, 02:15 PM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by duckbubbles
I really can't tell much for sound on mine either. Maybe it's 40+ years working on airplanes. My irritation with it is because it makes pulling the dipstick more of a hassle (along with the tower brace) and the tube won't stay in the rubber loop that attaches to the strut tower. Just more clutter on the drivers side.

Frank
I agree it's just unnecessary crap in the engine bay!

Last edited by GT50GO; 11-03-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The sound tube is so you don't have to make your own car sounds. But I doubt that it's loud enough to drown out the drone of a mother-in-law. Now THAT would be a feat of engineering...
Old 11-03-2012, 07:26 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
The sound tube is so you don't have to make your own car sounds. But I doubt that it's loud enough to drown out the drone of a mother-in-law. Now THAT would be a feat of engineering...
Quote from the 3 Stooges, "That's no lady! That's my mother in law."
Old 11-05-2012, 09:22 AM
rbowmar
2nd Gear Member

As a guy who went to Senior Prom in my dad's brand new '68 Mustang GT, I can assure you those cars left no doubt that you were driving a powerful car with a joyous symphony of intake moan, exhaust roar and general engine noise. I respect the technical sophistication of the modern cars, but for sheer exhilaration, give me a car that sings its own song any day.

I recommend that anyone who hasn't driven a carbureted early mustang with a built motor and raucous pipes go for a reality check. These are the mustangs that the world fell in love with on the strength of the feeling of driving them.

I'm not putting down the modern Mustangs, in fact, my DD is an 05 and I love the fact that it has tons of power, corners very well, looks great and is civilized enough that I can drive it all day and get out feeling fresh. I did install a CAI and Cat-back Magnaflows so the engine sounds like an engine.

And when the auto world starts to feel too civilized, I hit the key on my 72 Mach1 351 and I'm transported back to the days when the music of a hot v8 was on the top of the charts and some under-assistant-marketing guy wasn't slapping little plastic noisemakers under the hood!

Fast forward: Don't let some little plastic part keep you from getting a truly wonderful Mustang!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:06 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Nothing sounds better that a 4bbl, a good cam, headers then, and a good set of pipes. A sound that NO modern EFI engine can duplicate. Step on it and hear it come to life, or leave it in 4th gear and hear that 4V moan pulling in air......seems like a long time ago. My dealing were mostly w/ trucks but still the same thing.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:13 AM
GTC
1st Gear Member

Problem solved. Drove a '13 GT Automatic today, ported in engine droning wasn't there 70-80 mph steady speed.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 PM
rbowmar
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTC
Problem solved. Drove a '13 GT Automatic today, ported in engine droning wasn't there 70-80 mph steady speed.
Does that mean your deal is back on?

Quick Reply: My Deal For A GT Died Today Over Acoustic Porting - Any Suggestions?