Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Any other 2013 guys have very notchy shifting and clunky noise and feel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Uncoolron
1st Gear Member

I thought this issue was corrected already for the 2013 models. Well, I guess I got lucky because mine has no shift issue but the car only have over 3K miles. If any shifter issue comes out then I will buy the MGW.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Mines notchy when cold. I just turned 1200 miles today (400+ miles roadtrip on Saturday alone).

When it is warm... it shifts through gears with no issue.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:45 PM
MZR160

Mine has 6,150 miles and no shifting problems. The little bit of clunking noise that I have at times, I believe is due to the two piece drive shaft carrier bearing slop. Tossing around getting a one piece drive shaft or just living with it.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

I am debating whether to bring it in since it's under warranty. I also have a whine under load which sounds like it's coming from the rear between about 64-70 mph. This is my first car with 3.73's, but I don't think it's normal.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Uncoolron
1st Gear Member

You should take advantage of your warranty so bring it in to the dealership. Who is your dealership in VA?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Uncoolron
You should take advantage of your warranty so bring it in to the dealership. Who is your dealership in VA?
Yeah, it's just a pain in the *** sometimes because of my schedule and the fact that I hate the techs touching my car after hearing some of the stories here and on other forums. I bought the car from Koon's Ford in Falls Church. They have been good to me so far and gave me a rental free of charge when I brought it in for some work earlier on. I have a free oil change coupon that I could use while it's there too I guess.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black Fire
Fluid swap and MGW ... Nuff Said !!
^^What he said X 2.^^
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Uncoolron
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
Yeah, it's just a pain in the *** sometimes because of my schedule and the fact that I hate the techs touching my car after hearing some of the stories here and on other forums. I bought the car from Koon's Ford in Falls Church. They have been good to me so far and gave me a rental free of charge when I brought it in for some work earlier on. I have a free oil change coupon that I could use while it's there too I guess.
I think I know where that is. Going their on weekdays will be pain for sure due to heavy traffic in and around that area. Koons been trying hard to improve their reputation from many years ago so you should be fine there and try to be friendly with the Service rep. Being friendly to a Service representative always goes a long way for me.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Uncoolron
I think I know where that is. Going their on weekdays will be pain for sure due to heavy traffic in and around that area. Koons been trying hard to improve their reputation from many years ago so you should be fine there and try to be friendly with the Service rep. Being friendly to a Service representative always goes a long way for me.
Yeah, traffic is bad since I have to hop on 66 for a while. My best bet would be to try to time it during the late morning or early afternoon. So far Koon's has been good to me and very responsive for some issues with the car early on. I am always respectful as long as I am treated the same way
Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
GTCS2013

Default 2013 Shifting Issues

I have the same problem from first to second. It is a problem at any speed no matter how gentle or hard you shift. You can hear it outside of the car. I brought it to dealer and they gave me the standard line that this is normal. Also, I can get it grind from 1st to 2nd with the clutch fully to the floor if I feather it in. It is very disappointing. They said this is not normal driving. I don't know. To me if the clutch is to the floor you should not be able to grind gears.

Quick Reply: Any other 2013 guys have very notchy shifting and clunky noise and feel?