Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

5.0 muffler delete

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Your best bet is finding a good exhaust shop and paying 'em some $$$ to just cut the mufflers out and weld in some straight pipe, and adjust the hangers
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 PM
plug72
1st Gear Member

Love my muffler delete. Funny is I'm often approached by some dude in a store parking lot pointing out my mufflers are gone like they were stolen while I was in the store. Seriously does that happen often or something? Who goes around stealing mufflers in busy parking lots? Anyway I tell em' I did that on purpose and they question is always "why?". I say just listen when I start it up.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
johnpaul.atkinson

im uploading the video to youtube right now so it will be done in like 40 minutes! But basically i had them re-use the original tips, hangers, and clamps they welded the clamps on to the new straight pipe and welded the tips on the exit so it looks original. It sounds awesome all around, in car, at 40 or 100. the sound quality on the camera isnt too good so it sounds raspy but its not. All said and done it cost 80$ and i can unbolt those and put new ones on in 20 minutes max.And since they used the hangers the whole system is secure and doesn't bounce off the crossmember! Thanks guys for all your advice and for all you haters out there saying we are immature some people cant afford 800 dollar borla's or corsa's, so to each his own and thanks for your input but if you want to send me a new borla axle back i will gladly put it on.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM
johnpaul.atkinson

Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
johnpaul.atkinson

no opinions?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Sounds horrible. It has no tone, just a lot of loud noise. But if you like it that's all that counts.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by johnpaul.atkinson
no opinions?
Bro, I like the sound!! Call me young or whatever, but I like great volume. Maybe once I kill all the tiny little ear hairs that pick up sound, I might change my mind. I am a huge fan of the straight pipes, listen to how obnoxious mine is lol.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 AM
johnpaul.atkinson

Originally Posted by Slowbra302
Bro, I like the sound!! Call me young or whatever, but I like great volume. Maybe once I kill all the tiny little ear hairs that pick up sound, I might change my mind. I am a huge fan of the straight pipes, listen to how obnoxious mine is lol.
alright i will! and like i said it sounds way better in person. It does have tone but the camera I was using could pick it up. This is just temporary anyway i plan on going with borla cat back with x pipe when i can afford 1600 to just blow.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by johnpaul.atkinson
alright i will! and like i said it sounds way better in person. It does have tone but the camera I was using could pick it up. This is just temporary anyway i plan on going with borla cat back with x pipe when i can afford 1600 to just blow.
+1 for the Borla! Had it on the cobra and loved it. I know you will love it!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Uncoolron
1st Gear Member

I have the Pypes bomb axle back and love the sound specially during start up and at high RPMs during spirited driving. One thing I do not like is the drone it emmits at cruising speed, at 5th or 6th gears around 1800-2200 RPMs, increasing radio volume is the only remedy to drown the drone.

Quick Reply: 5.0 muffler delete