Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2013 Hood Pins

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
johnpaul.atkinson

Originally Posted by Cristoff
Don't listen to the nay sayers.

When you get them, give them a good test fit and look at them from all possible angles.

If YOU like them, get to drillin!

The only one you have to impress... is you.

I put a custom shift **** on mine, and no my OEM shift **** wasn't broken. My hood stripes were just fine when I removed them too.
And thanks for the advice man!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by johnpaul.atkinson
Was your exhaust broke when you replaced it? What about your spoiler was it not functional just like any other spoiler? or do you do 200 plus miles an hour often?
You can do whatever you please, it's your car. I just don't understand the purpose. Hood pins are meant as quick releases for lightweight hoods on race cars. The hood on the Mustang is not particularly lightweight. They may make it harder to sell the car down the road as well.

As far as my exhaust goes, I can just pop the factory exhaust back on when I want to. The spoiler was free since my car was ordered with a spoiler delete. It is pretty much a given that 99.99% of spoilers are just cosmetic, so I went with it.

Good luck.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:46 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

i have "nose rings" on my 12 and absolutely love them!

Honestly...i think the hood on the 13's is ideal for hoodpins...just keep them to the outside part of the hood and off the big raised center area and you'll be fine!
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Hood Pins-2012-08-11_14-40-48_552.jpg   2013 Hood Pins-2012-08-11_14-41-53_624.jpg  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 AM
V10KLZZ71S

I would question the actual need for them, fluff? Do the cables move around in the wind and damage the paint? Its your car so what you like is the only thing that matters. I kinda put these in with the rear stick on brake scoops that do nothing except create more drag. I would not install the pins if it was me. It makes the car look comical in my opinion.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 AM
johnpaul.atkinson

Originally Posted by steel pony
i have "nose rings" on my 12 and absolutely love them!

Honestly...i think the hood on the 13's is ideal for hoodpins...just keep them to the outside part of the hood and off the big raised center area and you'll be fine!
DUDE!! Your car looks so bad ***! i love the way it looks yup im doing the pins for sure! Thanks everyone!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 AM
johnpaul.atkinson

Another question did you smoke your headlights and foglights your self? or did you just buy pre-smoked lights?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 AM
johnpaul.atkinson

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
You can do whatever you please, it's your car. I just don't understand the purpose. Hood pins are meant as quick releases for lightweight hoods on race cars. The hood on the Mustang is not particularly lightweight. They may make it harder to sell the car down the road as well.

As far as my exhaust goes, I can just pop the factory exhaust back on when I want to. The spoiler was free since my car was ordered with a spoiler delete. It is pretty much a given that 99.99% of spoilers are just cosmetic, so I went with it.

Good luck.
not to keep this silly argument up but i plan on keeping the car till the wheels fall off. Your logic doesnt make since to me. so if 99.99% of the people put hood pins on you would be fine with doing it? There is no purpose except cosmetic for the hood pins. just like there is no purpose for your spoiler. Like i say to each his own but dont downgrade peoples ideas or modifications when you are guilty of it too.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:32 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by V10KLZZ71S
I would question the actual need for them, fluff? Do the cables move around in the wind and damage the paint? Its your car so what you like is the only thing that matters. I kinda put these in with the rear stick on brake scoops that do nothing except create more drag. I would not install the pins if it was me. It makes the car look comical in my opinion.
Admittedly, they are fluff (for this car) since they were supposed to go on the fiberglass hood i had planned on getting for my '07 prior to trading it in. For what I am doing to my car and the vision i have for it, they work. I worry not about scraping or rubbing as i have a clear bra which covers the entire area of where the pins are installed. The lanyards are also wrapped in a clear plastic tubing...

DUDE!! Your car looks so bad ***! i love the way it looks yup im doing the pins for sure! Thanks everyone!
Why thank you!!
Yes, the headlights and fogs (in the pic posted) are smoked with a vinyl kit from Big Worm Graphix.
http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/. They also have a layer of clear vinyl that was part of my clear bra install.
I deleted my fogs no too long ago and opted for custom made inserts...MUCH better airflow...dropped coolant temp about 5-8 degrees

Name:  2012-10-12_17-56-46_540.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  151.1 KB

Name:  2012-10-12_18-04-33_102.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  169.7 KB

Last edited by steel pony; 01-04-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 PM
johnpaul.atkinson

very nice man i love it!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

not to keep this silly argument up but i plan on keeping the car till the wheels fall off. Your logic doesnt make since to me. so if 99.99% of the people put hood pins on you would be fine with doing it? There is no purpose except cosmetic for the hood pins. just like there is no purpose for your spoiler. Like i say to each his own but dont downgrade peoples ideas or modifications when you are guilty of it too.
We are on different pages here. The spoiler's function in today's environment is purely cosmetic. The Mustang looks kind of weird without it. Unlike the cosmetic spoiler, hood pins do have a function. They are made as a quick release mechanism for light weight hoods on race cars. If you had an aftermarket carbon fiber hood, it would make sense. But again, it's your car and you can do as you please. I agree with you there. Have fun.

Quick Reply: 2013 Hood Pins