Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 02:51 PM
andrewfinley92

Default Exhaust

I'm pretty much dead set on american racing lt headers...I'm just not sure on what I should do from there. I want to be loud but not really annoying. I need some opinions on weather to use off-road h or x pipe and what sort of exhaust system to run out the back. I don't really care for magnaflow or flowmaster just because I live in an area where every "good ole boy" has those systems on their trucks. Thanks guys for the help!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

I went with an O/R x pipe and SLP loudmouths and its ridiculously loud. I'm about to swap the SLP for Roush and see how that does. I would deffinitely have mufflers on it.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Well if you're dead set on the American Racing longtubes it will have to be an x-pipe. That's all they make for their headers and you must use their matching midpipe. If you want an H-pipe you could go with the Kooks midlengths as they offer a matching H-pipe. Kooks make good headers also.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Maybe check out Stainless Works, I am going to be putting a pair of their exhaust on my 2013 GT. http://www.stainlessworks.net/
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 PM
andrewfinley92

Originally Posted by scottmach
Well if you're dead set on the American Racing longtubes it will have to be an x-pipe. That's all they make for their headers and you must use their matching midpipe. If you want an H-pipe you could go with the Kooks midlengths as they offer a matching H-pipe. Kooks make good headers also.
Ok sweet I'll have to check that out. You have any recommendations as far as brand of exhaust and what kind?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

If you're looking for loud Stainless is close to the old muscle car sound. It's not perfect since were not working with an old engine. The 5.0 4v just has a different sound. Putting on a set of stainless headers and switching the Cam will help. Keep in mind though switching the cam will void the warranty on the engine.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:08 PM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by andrewfinley92
Ok sweet I'll have to check that out. You have any recommendations as far as brand of exhaust and what kind?
As far as headers are concerned Kooks, Stainless Works, and American Racing are all good headers.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Mustang Enthusiast
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CrzyHrs
I went with an O/R x pipe and SLP loudmouths and its ridiculously loud. I'm about to swap the SLP for Roush and see how that does. I would definitely have mufflers on it.
Are you selling your SLP loudmouths? I would be interested in some details like... do they make a popcorn sound on exceleration etc or do they make a sound more like the Borla S. Personally i'm not a fan of an exhaust system that sounds like a popcorn machine.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:16 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Try hypermotive for stainlessworks exhaust. Ive heard the catback in person and it's pretty sweet, even on a full offroad setup.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Deranged2013
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Try hypermotive for stainlessworks exhaust. Ive heard the catback in person and it's pretty sweet, even on a full offroad setup.
2nd that. Checkout Team Beefcake Racing. Got my ARH and Stainless Works from him.

Quick Reply: Exhaust