Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What's next?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM
chevydillan
1st Gear Member

Default What's next?

I've got a 2013 GT premium m6 with track pack, 3.73s.
Just put on JLT cold air, JBA x-pipe with car delete and BAMA tune. It runs great but what's next for go fast stuff that won't break the bank. No supercharger or turbos are in budget.
Ran it this weekend at the track and got a 13.20 out of it on the stock tires. I don't think that's bad at all considering our elevation. I think it's 4400 feet.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:19 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Get rid of the stock shifter and get an MGW. That is 2/10th's right there.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

After shifter, do lower control arms. After that adjustable panhard bar with bracket. Springs, struts, UCA and strut mounts! So pretty much shifter, suspension, driveshaft, wheels and tires, is what I would go for! Keep us posted
Old 02-18-2013, 03:46 PM
chevydillan
1st Gear Member

Ordered lower control arms already. Be here this week. Be getting tires this week as well. I know that will put it in the 12s easily. Is there any other engine stuff to do? I'm not sure the price of long tubes justifies the gains in HP.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:18 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chevydillan
I've got a 2013 GT premium m6 with track pack, 3.73s.
Just put on JLT cold air, JBA x-pipe with car delete and BAMA tune. It runs great but what's next for go fast stuff that won't break the bank. No supercharger or turbos are in budget.
Ran it this weekend at the track and got a 13.20 out of it on the stock tires. I don't think that's bad at all considering our elevation. I think it's 4400 feet.
Originally Posted by mapitts
Get rid of the stock shifter and get an MGW. That is 2/10th's right there.
Originally Posted by chevydillan
Ordered lower control arms already. Be here this week. Be getting tires this week as well. I know that will put it in the 12s easily. Is there any other engine stuff to do? I'm not sure the price of long tubes justifies the gains in HP.
ChevyDillan,

It sounds like your 13' GT is pretty sick already! You have the basics covered, CAI & Tune, O/R X-pipe and LCAs. If you plan on doing a lot of drag racing, all the above recommendations are huge! Shifter, Lowering Springs, Pan hard bar, Tires etc.. This will help you get off the line a lot harder, your 60ft is really important!

Have you thought about the Boss manifold or anything along those lines?

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some further assistance. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 PM
awbreyjd
2nd Gear Member

if your going for drag times, the Boss intake is invaluable. Granted you might lose some low end torque for street roll racing, the power it picks up in the big end more than makes up for it on the track. Not to mention is an hour install. A new throttle body also wakes the car up in the higher rpm as well.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:38 PM
chevydillan
1st Gear Member

How much will the boss intake help
Old 02-18-2013, 04:39 PM
chevydillan
1st Gear Member

Nevermind just read the above post