Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

American Muscle Review.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Other possibility I have seen is people trying to use the tune files moving from a mac when they are meant to be ran on a PC. It will cause this sort of issue, may or may not be the case though.
The inTune itself is pretty Mac friendly, as its an external USB drive, so you can drag/drop files to it from any PC or Mac
Old 08-01-2013, 04:23 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Oh the other thing I forgot to mention I have seen issues between 32bit OS and 64bit OS where the 32 bits have had issues with tunes. This was on Bama tunes though so not sure about your tunes.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
I am going to be the dick here and say your over reacting and kind of being an *** writing them off the first sign of a problem.

Let me tell you a little story I have Whiteline Upper Control Arms. It came to the attention of Whiteline that they were defective and would start to break at the welds. So I have been delayed installing them for over two months while they are developing the new model. Instead of freaking out and going on a internet rage about how much they sucked and how they should not have this problem. I contacted them and they are replacing them for free no questions asked as soon as the new ones come in. Yeah it sucks when a product that is made by a human can have a flaw but its made by a human it can break.

Work with them and they will get it fixed, maybe you have some issue that has not been encountered would be good for them to know and how to fix it. Will save someone else some grief later on down the road.
WTF the welds break!?!?!?!? I have that UCA on my car right now! The only complaint I have with it, and Vorshlag had a similar issue, is a clunking noise during heavy weight transfer (front and rear more than side to side).

EDIT: Just read the SVT thread, guess that is something I will have to work on this weekend. Thank god I still have the stock unit.

Last edited by Boaisy; 08-01-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:16 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shane780
American Muscle excepted the return of the defective products.
Shane,

I'm sorry to hear that the device didn't work for you. However, I'm glad we were able to get you taken care of and accept a return!

Please let me know if you have any questions, need some assistance or would like to try another device!

-Dan
Old 08-02-2013, 04:36 PM
radioguy1

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport

OP, I wish we could have gotten you going, but sounds like AM has taken the tool back, best of luck in your future endeavors.

Thanks
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Shane,

I'm sorry to hear that the device didn't work for you. However, I'm glad we were able to get you taken care of and accept a return!

Please let me know if you have any questions, need some assistance or would like to try another device!

-Dan
Good for American Muscle and DiabloSport!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:35 PM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

From what I've seen here, American Muscle has bent over backwards to try to resolve the problem(s). I see great customer service. When things go bad, these are the kind of people you want to be dealing with. When the time comes that I need something they sell, American Muscle will be my 1st choice. Impressive customer service!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

Yea let me pile on and say that I had an issue or two with some products I got from AM, but they really work with you man, they totally won me over and I trust those guys. They're a good group.

I hope you get what you're looking for!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:12 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jhawkr
From what I've seen here, American Muscle has bent over backwards to try to resolve the problem(s). I see great customer service. When things go bad, these are the kind of people you want to be dealing with. When the time comes that I need something they sell, American Muscle will be my 1st choice. Impressive customer service!
Originally Posted by Code Vision
Yea let me pile on and say that I had an issue or two with some products I got from AM, but they really work with you man, they totally won me over and I trust those guys. They're a good group.

I hope you get what you're looking for!
Thanks for the kind words guys! We really appreciate your feedback. We'll always bend over backwards to make sure all of our customers are in good shape and in good hands!

-Dan
Old 08-05-2013, 04:51 PM
lilediselec

all back that up been back and forth with products with you guys for years now. had 2 mustangs spent well over 5g with you guys between the 2 cars so far and the new one is just getting started. couldnt ask or want a better company to work with then american muscle.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:03 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lilediselec
all back that up been back and forth with products with you guys for years now. had 2 mustangs spent well over 5g with you guys between the 2 cars so far and the new one is just getting started. couldnt ask or want a better company to work with then american muscle.
Thank you for being a great Friend and Customer! We really appreciate your business and loyalty, please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the future.

-Dan