Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

1000+whp build

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 08:43 PM
mikeymike

Default 1000+whp build

Hey guys I am looking at building either a gtr or an american muscle that can compete with a 1000 awhp GTR, since american muscle is so much cheaper.

I have been told to get a t56 transmission but looked it up and it is only good for 700 ftlb. Can these things get to 1000 whp and be reliable? What are the block limits? What tranny is available for the 5.0 that can handle 1000 ft lb
Old 09-15-2013, 10:17 PM
nolimits

lol. Stick with the GTR.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:13 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

with enough money anything is possible, more important question is why do you HAVE to compete with said 1000hp gtr?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:35 AM
Deranged2013
1st Gear Member

The 6R80 auto can handle 1000 and quicker than a Manuel trans if tuned properly. Most of the 1000 hp 5.0s out there are running A6s
Old 09-16-2013, 08:29 AM
mikeymike

Originally Posted by Lem-06
with enough money anything is possible, more important question is why do you HAVE to compete with said 1000hp gtr?
Well of course with enough money you can do anything. I am competeing with my buddy that is building a car as well. Every time one of us builds a faster car the other guy has to upstage him. We have hit the limits of our current cars and So I am looking for a new car with greater abilities. He is looking at a GTR, Gallardo, M5 etc. I am considering the GTR, Vette, Mustang, Camaro.

So for 100k or less, anything over that I would just go with the GTR, Is it possible?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:38 AM
mikeymike

Originally Posted by Deranged2013
The 6R80 auto can handle 1000 and quicker than a Manuel trans if tuned properly. Most of the 1000 hp 5.0s out there are running A6s
Looks like a pretty good trans. The stage two build might do. I will look more into that thanks. I can find info on the hp limits but not seeing any for the tq limits.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

I think the GTR will always be faster on the street due to the ridiculous transmission shift speed, and all wheel drive..

Your best bet in a mustang would be start with an automatic 5.0 , build internals and fuel system of the engine (rods pistons etc, maybe upgrade transmission if there are parts that can be upgraded) then put either a twin turbo kit or a 2.9 whipple on it and some huge ridiculously sticky tires on.

You are only competing against him in a straight line right? because the mustang probably wont stay with a GTR in a twisty area - no paddle shifting, no all wheel drive, worse weight distribution, solid rear, etc..
Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 AM
mikeymike

Originally Posted by Andy13186
I think the GTR will always be faster on the street due to the ridiculous transmission shift speed, and all wheel drive..

Your best bet in a mustang would be start with an automatic 5.0 , build internals and fuel system of the engine (rods pistons etc, maybe upgrade transmission if there are parts that can be upgraded) then put either a twin turbo kit or a 2.9 whipple on it and some huge ridiculously sticky tires on.

You are only competing against him in a straight line right? because the mustang probably wont stay with a GTR in a twisty area - no paddle shifting, no all wheel drive, worse weight distribution, solid rear, etc..
Haha well we will only be competing in a straight line until he sees that I can only go straight then he will probably want to go to a track.

That would be a plan to go auto, don't get my wrong I love manual both my current cars are, but at this power and speed not many other options.

I am all about making something reliable so first thing I will be doing is forged everything, I read the rods are the first limiting factor for power increases. I will be going twin turbo because the lag will allow me to have a little bit more streetable car than a whipple.

Does anybody know the block limits?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:52 AM
mikeymike

Another question gor you guys. I am searching for parts, stroker kits, bore info etc on these cars and I am searching 5.0 and of course getting all the fox body info. What should I be searching to find part for the new 5.0?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:53 AM
mikeymike

Originally Posted by mikeymike
Another question gor you guys. I am searching for parts, stroker kits, bore info etc on these cars and I am searching 5.0 and of course getting all the fox body info. What should I be searching to find part for the new 5.0?
nevermind I just added coyote

Quick Reply: 1000+whp build