AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Military Hero Contest Winners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

Default Military Hero Contest Winners!

Thank you to everyone that participated in this contest. It was wonderful to see everyone's stories. The judges have been working on this since early this morning, and they just now gave me the list of winners. It was clearly a tough decision. I'm glad I didn't have to make it

And now, the winners!
[align=left][ul][*]First Place -- Winner of the SCT X3 Tuner and 1 Free Tune (for her husband), and a $75 gift certificate (for herself):
[/ul][/align][align=center] MustangLvrsWife!
[align=left]
Here's what she had to say about her husband, Kyle:

[/align][align=left]"Kyle and I met when we were both stationed in Korea, we got married and bought the Mustang at an Overseas Military car sales program. Since we've been in the states Kyle's hobby and passion has been working on the car, most of the time getting new ideas from Mustang Forums. Back in June '07 Kyle was deployed to Iraq with his unit, unfortunately since hes been gone he missed the birth of our first daughter, Lorelai. But he's looking forward to coming home on R&R; he can't wait to meet Lorelai, see the family, and work on the car. He's been talking about putting a cold air intake in, something about a hood scoop, and a tuner. As you can see by the pictures below there was an accident. On the 26th of October I was cut off by a Dodge Caliber on post. The good news is the shop says that the car can be repaired before he comes home. And thats why I'm entering this contest for him, he is so self-less; hes over there fighting right now and then I had to break the bad news about the car. And even after he saw the pictures he was just glad I was ok."

Pictures:

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center][ul][*]Second Place -- Winner of his choice of gears AND a $50 Gift Certificate (for nominating himself):[/ul]MC429C!
[/align]What he had to say:

"Well I dont think I am a hero or amazing(my wife seems to think so and she told me I just have to do this since she hates computers), but I have been in the army since 2002. I was in Iraq for 14 months in 04-05 as a combat engineer with the1st Cav.Since then I have reclassed and now I fix brokenApaches. I am currently in Afganistan with the 82d Airborne. I have the best army wife ever and 3 great kids who love daddys mustangs, my youngest was 3 days old when I deployed to Iraq. I have an 88 LX convertable 5.0 and an 07 GT that I used my reelistment bonus to get."

Pictures:

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center][ul][*]Third Place -- Winner of a Billet Grille w/Pony Cutout AND a $25 Gift Certificate (for nominating himself):[/ul]04BlueGT!
[/align]
What he had to say:

"I'm Army Master Sergeant Singer, currently in Iraq.I've beenserving on active duty for over 20 years and this is my 5th deployment (3rd inIraq). I work with the Iraqi Army daily so thatthey can hopefully take control of the security mission and U.S. forces can depart. As part of our job, we perform combat patrols with the Iraqi Army (IA) several times a week (I stopped counting after 75). Why should I win?I deserve to win this no more than anyone else; we all serve our great nation. Without warriors, there would be no America. Without America, there would be no Mustangs. So, I guess we made Mustangs possible in a round-about fashion. (I'm kidding) Like many, I'm married to a wonderful gal and we have two beautiful children. Sorry, no pics of them on the Internet. In my (rare) free time, I'm also a college student finishing a BA."

Picture:

[align=center][/align]

Congratulations!!! I will be in touch with the winners to get any additional information needed.

Again, THANK YOU to everyone that participated! You are all inspirations, and should be so proud of yourselves (or the people you nominated). At AmericanMuscle, we are always looking for ways to show our appreciation to military members. This is the least we can do, and it still doesn't seem like enough.
[/align][/align]
Old 11-01-2007, 03:18 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Default RE: Military Hero Contest Winners!

Congrats to the winners![sm=americanasmiley.gif]

on a side note, wasnt there something about people in uniform with their cars getting an antenna?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5SPD07GT

Congrats to the winners![sm=americanasmiley.gif]

on a side note, wasnt there something about people in uniform with their cars getting an antenna?
LOL there was, indeed. I've got you all covered
Old 11-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Actually it said FULL SERVICE DRESS, and you weren't in FULL SERVICE DRESS, just BDU's...

BUT CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!!! I know the fealing of winning something from American Muscle first hand and it's the greatest.

Thanks American Muscle for all the great contests...
Old 11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

Actually it said FULL SERVICE DRESS, and you weren't in FULL SERVICE DRESS, just BDU's...

BUT CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!!! I know the fealing of winning something from American Muscle first hand and it's the greatest.

Thanks American Muscle for all the great contests...
Hmmm...you're right. Seems I left out the "or BDUs" part. That was a mistake on my part. Anyone that sent in a picture of themselves, standing with their Mustang, in full dress OR BDUs, will get a free shorty black antenna.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Saleen#468
2nd Gear Member

does that mean i get two antennas...lol just kidding. but seriouslycongrats to the winners and thanks to american muscle for recognizing the men and women of the military.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:44 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Congrats!