AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Never ordering from AM again...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

agreed with hxc
how many companies can you think of that give no fk's as soon as they get payment, how about after you recieve the part, or after some 30 day guarantee.

The fact they offered what they did after 5<FIVE> months shows they have excellent customer service and want us as repeat customers for a long time to come.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:05 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

I can understand the frustration, however, I know for a "FACT" that AM does provide good customer service. I'm quite sure there has been cases where they may have dropped the ball on a few customers here and there, but that's with any business in life. With all the customer's they have and people constantly ordering, needing assistance, and getting their needs met, AM has proven to many of us that they dig in the trenches to provide us with 110% quality service.

Your case was unfortunate, but you have to see the whole picture, like people have mentioned before, the product you order was a few months back and AM still was there and handed you the olive branch.

In regards to being out of town, which I can very relate too, is it possible that you have somone back home take care the car for you in terms of installing parts, getting things fixed ect? If so, that would be the best route to take. I mean, while in Afghanistan, I've managed to buy a brand new car, and order numerous items from AM (up to $2000 now), but I'm fortunate to have somone back in the home front to take care of things for me. I could easily get someone to install my parts for me so it's ready when I get back (12 month deployment), but decided to hold off on that. It's just about time management. It's a headache at times, but very possible.

Well, I hope things get better for you and again, I understand the frustration, just cool down a bit, learn from this expereience, so when you do decide to order from AM (hopefully), you can do things differently.

Take care bro

Last edited by a_lopez1975; 11-30-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

If I understand you correctly you ordered parts that were illegal to have in your car in california and you ordered the wrong parts? You waited 5 months before letting AM know. Then when you couldnt find someone to install the illegal parts and want to blame AM for this?

Speaking for myself and Im sure alot of people on this forum - AM has been one of the best companys Ive ever worked with. They go above and beyond to fix any problems. I think you should rethink who your blaming.

Matthew
Old 11-30-2011, 10:06 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by delusiondejavu
Hey since AM sucks and you will never order from them again can I get that 10% coupon from you?
Damn, beat to it...

Really OP, this sounds very unreasonable; after 30 days I don't know anyone (without GOOD customer service such as AM) that would even blink an eye or even desire to help you on a parts return.

Your time/scheduling issues are just that - yours. It's unfortunate, but should have planned out your timeframe better for something that costs $$.

They even tried to work with you to resolve after 5+ months? That's more of a 'AM Customer Service Rocks!' statement than 'FU guys!'. Seriously???
Old 11-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Speaking for myself and Im sure alot of people on this forum - AM has been one of the best companys Ive ever worked with. They go above and beyond to fix any problems. I think you should rethink who your blaming.
Bingo!!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:47 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
*snip*

Take care bro
Before we get down to business, I just wanted to say that your signature is awesome! Thanks for your service, be safe and make sure you're getting that military discount when you order parts.

Now let's see if we can solve the OP's issue...

Originally Posted by dean12692
So in june I ordered long tube headers and shorty x pipe for my 05 gt. I got them and installed the headers in around 11 hours... the next day i left for greece for 2 months to visit family. the day i got back i was stoked to just put the xpipe in and drive around...but no i had fitment issues with the xpipe. 4 days later i had to leave for college leaving my baby on jacks.. when in school i have no time to work on my car... i call AM and we figure out i have the old style headers and the new style xpipe made by bbk and they dont match up perfectly and require some modifications.... AM offered to give me new headers and return the old ones.... i said its unresonable to take out the headers and put new ones in....again! They told me to go to a shop have the shop tell them somthing was wrong then fix it later and they will reembrse(sp*) me for the job... I couldnt find anybody to do this work for me and i have no time, i had time because i went home for thanksgiving(my only chance) and i had to get it fixed cuz i was tired of waiting...(its been 5 months since i drove her) i finally find a shop to do the work (its illeagal in CA) but it has to be under the table...AM said the will not reimberse me without a statement and NO shop will give a statement because its illeagal...I dropped $220 to modify this xpipe

...AM's compensation a 10% off coupon on my next order

F*CK YOU AMERICAN MUSCLE!
I'm really sorry to hear that you're not having a good experience, and I promise we do care before AND after the sale. Our customers are top priority, and giving you guys the best service/support is even more important than selling parts! While it's tough to control when manufacturers change their designs, we try as hard as possible to stay on top of it when they DO actually notify us, so we can avoid stuff like this. With that out of the way, let's solve this!

If you dropped $220 to have the system welded up, I'm glad you were able to get your Stang back on the road! On the phone, we were told $250 instead of $220, so a receipt would help clear it up (can you get us ANYTHING with a total? It doesn't have to be fancy!) and we can get you credited on your card for the labor! This is something that most companies aren't going to offer, but we're putting this out there, because we're Mustang enthusiasts and hate to see someone frustrated with their project.

In the future, if you need help finding a shop, let us know! We have a network of dealers across the country that would be glad to install parts for you. Not only will I get you refunded on the labor, the offer of a 10% discount on your next order still stands! Hopefully this will take care of the inconvenience!

We have worked with BBK to correct the remaining inventory so that this doesn't happen to anyone else!

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Chris

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 11-30-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:05 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Before we get down to business, I just wanted to say that your signature is awesome! Thanks for your service, be safe and make sure you're getting that military discount when you order parts.
Thanks, now if I can only find an Afghan with a Stang that would be my next signature
Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM
jampony06

AMERICAN MUSCLE HAS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GREAT KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE PRODUCTS THEY SELL. I HOPE THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR VIEW ON THIS AND GIVE THEM A SECOND CHANCE.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jampony06
AMERICAN MUSCLE HAS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GREAT KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE PRODUCTS THEY SELL. I HOPE THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR VIEW ON THIS AND GIVE THEM A SECOND CHANCE.
I dont know guys, this guy sounds pretty convincing with his argument.. ^
Old 11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
dean12692
1st Gear Member

i have always been extremely satisfied with AM untill know though... i let them know about the fitment issue after about a month and a half it has just been an ongoing process for t3 months after... and i told the the owner of the shop would speak to AM personally...

Quick Reply: Never ordering from AM again...