AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Advice for anyone ordering a tuner and other parts from AM

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 08:09 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Default Advice for anyone ordering a tuner and other parts from AM

Please do not view this as a complaint as it should be just used as advice.

I recently ordered a tuner, CAI, and a few other appearance parts for my car. from AM.

I just did it all on one order. I had expected AM to ship everything execpt tuner out. Then the tuner when done or everything including tuner and e-mail me the tunes afterward. Either way I expected the rest of the order to ship out.

What actually occurred I didn't expect. They held the entire order, including the appearance parts, until the tunes are done and loaded on the tuner by AM. I'm sure this has to do with shipping savings on their end

So my advice is to split up the orders. Order the tuner on one order and everything else on a separate order. That way only the tuner is held up and your other items can ship.

Again this is just advice for anyone thinking about ordering a tuner and other stuff at the same time from AM.

The tunes take 5-7 business days so everything else on your order will be held up if you order them together.

Thx

Last edited by BlindGUYnAR; 09-29-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:55 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlindGUYnAR
Please do not view this as a complaint as it should be just used as advice.

I recently ordered a tuner, CAI, and a few other appearance parts for my car. from AM.

I just did it all on one order. I had expected AM to ship everything execpt tuner out. Then the tuner when done or everything including tuner and e-mail me the tunes afterward. Either way I expected the rest of the order to ship out.

What actually occurred I didn't expect. They held the entire order, including the appearance parts, until the tunes are done and loaded on the tuner by AM. I'm sure this has to do with shipping savings on their end

So my advice is to split up the orders. Order the tuner on one order and everything else on a separate order. That way only the tuner is held up and your other items can ship.

Again this is just advice for anyone thinking about ordering a tuner and other stuff at the same time from AM.

The tunes take 5-7 business days so everything else on your order will be held up if you order them together.

Thx
Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to post this up and sorry about the delay! This is exactly how we've processed tuner orders for the past few years but we're more than happy to force the order out for you and have the tuner shipped blank. Once the order was delivered you would just need to shoot Bama a call where they would then have your tunes emailed to you.

Please let me know if there's something I can lend a hand with and if you'd like to shoot me a PM with your order number and T-shirt size I'm happy to get one sent out for you because of the delay!

Alex
Old 09-30-2014, 05:07 PM
glsron

Default Help please!!!

Hi everyone I'm Ron. I've got a 1993 gt vert I've replaced the disturber module and I'm still having trouble.. It's seems to lose spark. Should I replace the coil cause that's the only thing I haven't done..
Old 09-30-2014, 10:18 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to post this up and sorry about the delay! This is exactly how we've processed tuner orders for the past few years but we're more than happy to force the order out for you and have the tuner shipped blank. Once the order was delivered you would just need to shoot Bama a call where they would then have your tunes emailed to you.

Please let me know if there's something I can lend a hand with and if you'd like to shoot me a PM with your order number and T-shirt size I'm happy to get one sent out for you because of the delay!

Alex
Hey Alex I PM'd you, but I placed my order on the 22nd so it shipped today. 6 business days which is exactly in line with 5-7 days so no worries there.

At least all, but one item (pre painted side scoops) seemed to ship anyway. If you can check on that item I'd be greatful.

Thx again
Old 09-30-2014, 10:27 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by glsron
Hi everyone I'm Ron. I've got a 1993 gt vert I've replaced the disturber module and I'm still having trouble.. It's seems to lose spark. Should I replace the coil cause that's the only thing I haven't done..
You likely need to start yourself a stand alone tread in the engine section of the forum.

if you want my advice if the spark is fine then dies out after a while then the coil is likely overheating and should be replaced. If you have no spark at all the I'd validate wiring first and if good replace coil.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:12 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlindGUYnAR
Hey Alex I PM'd you, but I placed my order on the 22nd so it shipped today. 6 business days which is exactly in line with 5-7 days so no worries there.

At least all, but one item (pre painted side scoops) seemed to ship anyway. If you can check on that item I'd be greatful.

Thx again
Hey,

Sorry about the oversight on my end! We ran into a small IT glitch on our end but we're working on getting it shipped out asap along with your Shirt! Keep me in the loop if you have any other questions at all, I'm always here to help!

Alex