Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

XM or Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:25 PM
schmecky
1st Gear Member

Default RE: XM or Sirius

sirius...i've owned both and i absolutely love maxim 108 we listen to that all day during work....
otherwise they are both pretty close to the same...
Old 05-24-2006, 02:42 AM
diamanti1

It is very simple. XM is a far superior company with technology that only Sirius can dream about. If sirius would have been smart they wouldn't have paid big bird $500,000,000 for a 5 year contract. Anyone have a portable sirius unit that can pick up real time programing? no...they don't...check out the portable XM units....small...and actually work. and hey....XM 202 rocks....Opie and Anthony rock...and little Jimmy will spew aids on anyone that doesn't agree with that. Hoo hoo...I ruined sirius radio....tell him Fred.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

Sirius...you can get o&a for free now on free FM LOL all those poor idiot O&A fans that went to xm, then o&a bail and go to free radio LOL

Sirius and Howard FTW!
Old 05-25-2006, 07:41 PM
CTXpitcher09
2nd Gear Member

i dont know the exact numbers, but u can get a life-time Sirius radio for like $600 and it is like $600 for 5 years for XM. so Sirius is way cheaper.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:27 AM
Goosepoop302
4th Gear Member

well the differances are sirius has hockey football and basketball as well as better music programming, xm has baseball and nascar and a better talk radio lineup...
Old 05-26-2006, 04:14 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Really the only diffrence is the channel lineup.
Oh good call on that one man.

Serious has way better rock stations. XM has a better top 20 hits station if thats what you like. Not that I really listen to it much but Stern is on there. I dont know how you can complain about Sirius paying that much for Stern, Theres only one other Satellite Radio company besides Sirius and guess what they gave him bids too for him to be on their broadcast. So don't say Sirius is stupid for buying up Stern, XM wanted him too. And that figure they paid for him they have already made back. Do you have any idea how many people bought Sirius completly based on the single fact that Stern was on Sirius? I would be willing to bet atleast half the satellite radio units I sold were Sirius units just because of Stern. Quarter was because of the Pro Sports XM had and the other quarter of people bought Sirius because they have College sports, for the majority that is. I dont know if everyones seen it but I think it's the Sirius X-50 unit. Badass. The sleek black thing with the MP3 built in and everything.

Whoa I left out a major factor here...
XM has NASCAR, so if you don't get your fix on watching 40 cars drive in a circle at 180 mph and change their tires in 14 seconds. Atleast with XM you can listen to all that blood pumping, adrenaline flowing, heart pounding action in your car.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:32 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

sirius, also sirius has less/no commericials
Old 06-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

have had both, and Sirius is better.

Sirius is the fastest growing to.
XM has all kinds of problems, is being sued for misleading people/shareholders
XM is being sued by FCC for illegal power usage (or something like that) with some of
their recievers. I was told about this by Sirius people a year or so ago. I think Sirius is
the one who called them on it and had the FCC check them out.

Sirius has the better sports already and XM was foolish enough to let NASCAR go to Sirius next year too!
Sirius has the better talk show hosts
Sirius has FAR superior rock channels
Sirius has 24 hour customer service (I'd hope XM would have it by now, but as of a year ago they didn't)
Sirius has the exclusive contracts with more/better auto manufacturers as well.

Lastly, XM's largest financial contributer at it's start up was Clear Channel Communications.
The company that has monopolized FM radio and turned all the great FM radio stations of the 80's and 90's
into copy and paste bee-boop Britney Spears type radio that plays the same damn songs over and over.
And they even broadcast FM radio stations ON XM. And now they broadcast some of their XM stations (O&A) on FM.
How stupid is that.

Sirius all the way!
Old 06-04-2006, 03:31 PM
ogmaster

Sirius. Let's just ignore the whole Stern thing because Opie and Anthony only wish they could be that good. Hell Bubba the Love Sponge makes O&A look weak. The big thing with Sirius is variety. XM has had almost the same music channels since they started, without much changes at all except to their talk shows. Sirius changes up their channels and sets up specialty channels. Back when the two first started out, yeah there wasnt much of a difference. But Sirius is just doing new stuff left and right with their sports channels and so on while XM just gets some famous people to do a show and expects to keep their lead in the satellite radio business.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Cody1774

I have XM, O&A and Ron and Fez on XM 202 is worth every penny!! XM also has good baseball and hockey coverage... I would go XM, they wouldn't pay one loser $500,000,000 to suck. Stern is highly overrated!

Quick Reply: XM or Sirius