Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Some help please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

Default Some help please...

I have an issue with my remote starter/keyless entry. I called tech support and he told me that the guy who installed my system put the wire to the wrong end of the diode? So what does that mean? Everything is working fine however, there is one lil problem. Once I get the diode "repositioned", I can get rid of the current problem. Anyone here who wants to guide me through this fix?? How do I switch the diode from the current position?

P.S. I am very wire illiterate... and the installer left to TX while leaving my *** in FL pondering what to do to fix this problem of mine...
Old 04-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Melectrok
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Some help please...

Tell me what unit you have. What wire your trying to hook up. And what the problem is.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Some help please...

ORIGINAL: ceekay84

I have an issue with my remote starter/keyless entry. I called tech support and he told me that the guy who installed my system put the wire to the wrong end of the diode? So what does that mean? Everything is working fine however, there is one lil problem. Once I get the diode "repositioned", I can get rid of the current problem. Anyone here who wants to guide me through this fix?? How do I switch the diode from the current position?

P.S. I am very wire illiterate... and the installer left to TX while leaving my *** in FL pondering what to do to fix this problem of mine...
I would take it back and have the original installer FIX the problem. Don't mess with it becuase any damage you cause is your fault. Shouldn't take the shop more than a few minutes to fix it.