Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

S-197 Help w/ AVIC-D3

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: AVIC-D3 Answers

VSS (speed sensor wire)

DARK BLUE/YELLOW

(AC)

PIN 3 OF THE 50 CONNECTOR (C175E) OF THE PCM

The PCM is under the hood - right front.

Kevin
Old 10-23-2007, 07:34 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

for 2 regulators, that would be no, both "blue"s go to one side, following that crude wiring diagram above
Old 12-15-2007, 08:48 PM
$teve

What color wire are we tapping on the headlight switch to get the illumination color change? I did black (best guess from pic in this thread) and nothing?

Also, does the nav antenna work if you stick it under the dash. There is a metal bar up and behind the stereo location that I'm planning on sticking the magnetic nav attenda -- does this work?
Old 12-16-2007, 12:54 PM
$teve

How to tap the headlight switch to get the illumination color to change:

ANSWER: PIN 22 on the Headlight Switch. It pops out easy, the plug you are tapping is the one closest to the drivers door - YELLOW/LIGHT-BLUE -- you simply tap in into the ORANGE/WHITE going into the AVIC.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:57 PM
$teve

I did the Radio Shack voltage regulator mentioned at the beginning of this thread and it is still popping. Is it possible that I mixed up lead 1 and lead 3 from the regulator -- could that be the problem?

Old 12-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

OK I installed this and put the resistor in just like the forums said and also did the bypass (which worked) but the music is comming through the speakers wrong. When I play the radio its perfect unless I turn it up real loud and then 1 of 2 problems happen... (and its worse with CDs and MP3 Music)

1. I either get a static type noise that is really obvious
or
2. The main voice drops out and I get the baseline beat only for a few seconds.

So is there a way to fix these problems? The Ipod connector works fine and everything else is great (gps, nav, dvds, etc...)

Along with all this the bluetooth adaptor wont register with my phone unless I remove the adaptor from my iPhone and then re-insert it after it finds it again. I know that its the phone thats having the problem it just doesnt re-sync back up with the adaptor after I get it in the car.

Well if anyone has any ideas lemme know...

-James

Old 12-20-2007, 07:34 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

my best guess is taht you have a bad connection somehwere, only way to know is take everything out and check every wire, that could def be reasoning for the static and voice drops, if everything is correct, t may be a bad harness but thats kinda doubtful
Old 12-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ok I matched up all the wires Purple to Purple and Purple Line to Purple Line etc... and twisted the stripped ends on all of them together then sodered them to make it hold. Is there anything else I should have done?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
slySTANGguy
2nd Gear Member

i was going to follow this entire thread for the Z2, same thign i hope. I was hoping someone could help clarify the bypass with the mute wire. That is to make the pioneer believe the parking brake is constantly applied right?

What is the mute wire for? (do you move the mute wire so it changes the signal to zero volts instead of 12 volts to think that is the signal it needs to reference for the parking brake)?

I should be installing this in a few days, thanks for the help everyone.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:01 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

just ordered one should come in soon....anything I should know? Is there an uploaded pdf document like crutchfield gives with the trim removal instructions?

I bought mine from cartronixplus for 579+12 for the wiring harness/trim piece+shipping =623

Way too good of a deal...we will see if it comes or not

Quick Reply: S-197 Help w/ AVIC-D3