Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Screw these 12's, who makes the best quality 15's

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:44 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Screw these 12's, who makes the best quality 15's

svtjohn-

what do you reccomend for- amp,12" subz, and cd dek?
Old 09-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

I log onto Mustang Forums to find this.

At first I didn't know what to do.

But you know what John, I won't even point out the irony of your subject line, because chances are that you're too inept to know what irony is.

I've got to ask.

Where did your brother buy these "Square" shaped W7's?

Those are obviously the most rare drivers ever.

Let me stop being sarcastic.

You're an idiot.

Notice the Apostrophe. It's You are. It is not your; Learn from this.

I capitolized learn in hopes that it will stick out in your backwoods mind.

Don't send me hate mail unless you've successfully passed fourth grade English.

Why are you even sending me mail.

With skils like yours, you could be running your very own West Coast Customs, and loading up rich people with your sony garbage.

What exactly is loud about your CVR? And since when is loud technically good?

Unless you're in competitions regularly, and guessing by your equipment I will assume no, then why would you wish to be loud.

And since when is a CVR considered loud? They have an annoying sound. Like a homeless man rummaging through a garbage bin full of cymbals.

No one wants to hear that.

Sound is subjective though. You may like what everyone else considers garbage.

I have another problem with your message.

Who says audio car shop?

What is an audio car shop?

It makes no sense.

You're an idiot.

An overall ignorant douche.

Don't give out horrible information.

I wish there was a way to negative reputation you.

I would give you -10,000 in the audio forum.
Show me anywhere in this post that I asked you to use technical information.

Quit your complaining and learn from some of the select few who know information here John.

And especially don't try to pick a fight with someone who wrote a sticky.

That's just ignorant.

Go bother Ttocs.

Maybe he will allow you to bask in your ignorance.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:53 AM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

wow you should kill yourself or become a teacher, Unless you like wasting time.

wait....you made a sticky, OMG..........OMFG!!!!You should own a car audio shop.You are my hero!!![sm=hail.gif] You made a sticky, i wish i could be you for one day

not[&:]
Old 09-30-2007, 08:05 AM
PReal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SVTJohn

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

ORIGINAL: SVTJohn

I wouldn't recommend getting 15's. Unless you can afford a $400 ampthat can power them. Not to mention you need a HU.(it's not a must, but you would be an idiot to get sub and not a HU.) Also i would redommend uprgrading your speakers. Mainly beacuse 15's don't sound as good or clear as 12's and 10's. If i were you go with 12's, unless you can get all the extra stuff, so that not only your system is loud, but it sounds good. If you get one 12, a nice amp, and HU, you would have one badss system. If you plan on getting two 12's or two 15's plan on getting a really expensive amp that can power them. If you get some cheap amp that has the exact amount of watt that can power your sub, it would be pointless. Because the power from the sub would be split in the two subs, so it would be like you have one.(do you get what i'm saying) If you have more questions pm me) Make sure you do alot of research. As far as brands go,Kicker, JL, MTX,........are good brands for rap. Clarion is good for techno. Hoped i helped you

edit: make sure if you buy a used system, (lik i did off craigslist) that its no more than two years old. (Youknow how much technology increases in one year)Also that it is the real deal. Some people put MTX badges on their crappy 15"s. They don't mention if they are real or not. So someone might think they are getting a really good deal, but really they are getting a piece of sh*t.
You're an idiot.

An overall ignorant douche.

Don't give out horrible information.

I wish there was a way to negative reputation you.

I would give you -10,000 in the audio forum.
your the dumbass....Let me guess you go to a car audio shop. They put in a $2000 system....You pay the bills...Now you have a badass system and you don't even know anything about it besides turning up the bass and bragging about it. Just b/c i didn't use some technical mumbo jumbo lingo doesn't mean my info is wrong. Some people can't afford to do what i just said. Guess what they have to do some mysterious thing called reseaching. And maybe if they wanted to save money they could get a used one. Let me guess again if you had an expensive used system that you wanted to upgrade, i guess you would throw it a way b/c buying a used one is retarded right????
I'm sorry man, but Hiss is 100% correct. Heactually specs his own $2000 dollar systems and does all the install work himself along with being very knowledgeable about car audio. He is a little harsh sometimes, but Hiss speaks the truth.

John,

If you knew anything about car audioyou would have not even made your first post.Here are some reasons why and I will go into detail on any you have questions about.

1.Why does a 15 automatically need a $400 amp.
a. I have powered a 15 off of a $90 amp and it was more then enough power. The amp was new.
b. Speaker size has nothing to do with wattage requirements.
c. Cheap amps by the right brands produce thier rated power and will blow the socks off of some of the brands you listed.

2. Adding a sub without adding an HU is a great idea if you want to keep your factory setup.
a. A sub is a great way to add low end to a factory stereo, which is all a lot of people want.
b.Distortion casued by a clipping input is badfor anything, but low frequenciestend to steer clear of distortion.
c. I usually recommend adding an HU when front, full range speakers are involved.

3. 15's can sound just as good as12's,10's 8's etc....
a. Speaker size has very very little to do with "woofer reaction time"
b. You cannot hear the difference in milliseconds (I was joking before)
c. A woofers "cleanness" is due to its installation and although"cleanness" is relative, anyone knowledegable will tell you size doesn't matter.
d. 15's aren't inherently louder then12's. The surfacearea of a woofer is onlypart of the equation. A woofer is a piston that moves
alonganaxis.A speakersspl is based on how much air it moves and it can only push as mush air as the cone has excurrsion.Basically,
loudness is determined by a combination of woofer size and excursion.

4. A sub, HU and amp DO NOT make a good system
a.A subwoofer usually plays frequencies below 100 hz and music goes all the ay to 30k hz.
b. A well setup full range setup with an HU and an amp power comps can really almost take the need for a sub away.

5. Certain brands are not inherently better for different types of music.
a. The largest impact on the sound of a woofer is the installation.
b. Just about any sub in the right enclosure can fit the bill in a certain application.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:08 AM
PReal
5th Gear Member

You know. We have some people on the site that do own audio shops.....

I'm pretty sure they'd be with Hiss on this one.

Gotta love the irony hiss........ I laughed out loud when I read that line.

I don't even know it ttocs has the patience for this one.....
Old 09-30-2007, 08:56 AM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

Maybe the OP can't afford a expensive system. I was giving him alternatives. For example Hiss probably own a system like this

I am exaggerating, but you get the point

I own a system like this

My system is even worse than the pic above. Take out one of the subs and there you go, you have a system like mine.

I was giving realistic information to him. Guess what that 2nd pic system may suck compared to the 1st pic system, but guess what not everyone can afford a setup like that. I would like to argue more things, but i got to get ready for work. You guys can correct my spelling if you want, i'm in a rush so i don't give a fu(k if you make fun of me.)
Old 09-30-2007, 09:24 AM
PReal
5th Gear Member

YOU ARE NOT GIVING HIM REALISTIC INFORMATION!!!!

You can make a killer setup at almost any budget. I have personally heard, seen, and installed a lot of systems that cost a hell of a lot less then $2000.

The setup I have currently in my car was less then 2k, my wifes was around $500, and my mustangs was free (leftovers I had lying around)!

If you want to learn how to recommend systems, educate yourself on what is good and what is not so good in certain price ranges.

Youshould also educate yourself ontrue information regarding woofer size and response/soundquality. Read as much as you can a nd educate yourself BEFORE posting so you don't looklike afreaking idiot.

Not knowing and trying to learn is one thing, but acting ignorant is a wholeother ballgame.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:30 AM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

You don't get the point i'm trying to make and there is no way you will understand it.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:04 AM
PReal
5th Gear Member

I do get the point..........

You are trying to say that not everyone can have a $2000 system with lots of fancy fiberglass work andfor some reason youthink that amps that power 15's have to be expensive and that somehow fiberglass is realted to quality equipment.

My installs look nothing likethat apline install, and my installs sure don't have leather or fiberglass that is body colored.

My installs do have excellentequipment formy budget and it sounds great.

Icould even make you a $150-200 amp and sub setup that would blow thesocks off ofthe system in that yellow mustang.

I think it is you that is missing the point. This is about helping people get good stereos for thier musical taste and budget. That is what we do, not mislead people as you did in your first post.

It frustrates many of us, when people that don't know what they are talking about like you post incorrect information that influences someone's decisionand hurts the reputation of this forum.

In the last year or so, this forum has become really active becuase of the quality advice people get in this section.Please try not to post answers until you are knowledgeable about the subject matter. I think it would be great if you stuck around, learned, and then could helppeople down the line...
Old 09-30-2007, 10:16 AM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

Go to http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/. This site has the best deals. Try to find me a good amp for under $400 msrp.

Also the setup i have would cost about $800from this site, about $1200 from a shop new, and about $700 on ebay. I bought my system off craigslist for $300. The box alone i bought is worth $300 dollars alone. So if i'm giving him wrong info. then i guess right info. would mean wasting money.

Quick Reply: Screw these 12's, who makes the best quality 15's