Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Anyone have specs for building sub box for 07 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:11 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have specs for building sub box for 07 Mustang

ORIGINAL: ScottXL

seight311, ttocs, I've known you guys to be good people. But you guys are being straight d**ks right now.

first, both of you welcome to the forum. Don't insult my integrity or call me names bacause if you follow the posts on the forum you will see that I am willing to go more then my half of the way to help people with their questions[:-]. I take the time to point people in the right direction and show them tips and tricks that I have learned in the last 15 yrs installing from basic wiring to more advanced custom stuff, anything I can do to help to be honest. If you walked into my shop to ask these questions I could charge for this info and I would really love to know how much money I have saved people on these forums ans with my cardomain pagegiving it away for free just because I enjoy it.I don't need to do this and will not be called names for doing it for free... I get tired of people that come on here and want me to do simple stupid shtuff that they are just too lazy to take care of themselfs and this is one of those cases. Last week he said he started this post to get a design for a box he already has half of. I am not flaming him and calling him a moron, I am simply trying to give him a kick in the but where he needs it. We have newbs on here every week that I take care of, if they are willing to try and meet me at that half way point!

So one big box will not fit? I bet two smaller boxes would? Now where on gods green earth could you get a design for a box that would fit one of those subs you have(each) so you could load two boxes in your car, screw them together and then mount your speakers in the box(s).
Old 01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Why would you build two seperate boxes and screw them together. That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of.[sm=boosign.gif]
Old 01-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Spyder
1st Gear Member

Why can't we be friends???

LuckyDawg,

When you have two subwoofers, it's best to have them in separate chambers. Helps with your sound quality, and in case one sub goes bad, you can continue to use the box while you get a replacement.

There is no optimum size box for the subwoofers. Different boxes will produce different sound, that's why they give you a range to choose from. The smaller boxes will produce a better quality sound. As you go larger, sound quality decreases, but it gets louder. It's really a compromise you have to find.

I would recommend, since you have two subs, to go with the smaller size. You'll have plenty of bass anyways, the quality will be better, and you'll have some space left in your trunk.

In essense you will be building two separate boxes, joined together at the hip. It's one big box with a total of 1.6cft with an airtight divider in the middle, spliting it into two separate .8cft boxes.

Hope that helps you...
Old 01-24-2008, 12:31 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

ok, thats it, AFTER THISI am done with this post. I didn't know you could stack shtuff this high but this now has my nomination for the stupidest post of the year(i know it is early in the year but it has a chance).

lucky dawg, lean in real close so that I know you are listening. Can you hear me now?

If that is a dumb idea to you then what do you have to put on the table? One box to fit 2 12's is generally too big to fit into the hole of the trunk. BUT, 2 smaller boxes will fit. put the boxes in the car, screw them together, and then insert the woofers and if you do a good enough job building the box and putting them together you will not notice. This also adds a bit of security since the box cannot be taken out of the trunk in one piece. I have done this on a couple of buddy's cars to get by the small opening.

DIE POST DIE!!!!

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

Why would you build two seperate boxes and screw them together. That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of.[sm=boosign.gif]
Old 01-24-2008, 12:44 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Lol don't get all butt hurt ttocs, you sound like a dam baby. So anyways I am sure I can build a dual 10' box and fit it in the trunk. I just don't know how I can fit it in the very rear of the trunk. My car has sort of a ramp going from 2/3rds the way up the trunk and it has some big metal bar on the top going across the entire trunk length. So if I have to get past that the box is going to be very wierd shaped, it can't just be a square box.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

Your a D-Bag, I wouldn't help you either.

Grow up, spend thousands and thousands of dollars over several years time, learn a ton of information on your own, blowing things up, installing things backwards, and buying junk equipment. Then come back in here in 5 years andspend your time being nice tryingto help someone being a little ***** like you.

You will not get the help your looking for with your attitude, and do not insult someone who is very experienced and also very helpful to you. You are clearly what, 17 years old. Stop trying to whine and cry to us like you were to your parents about getting you a new Mustang for aMemorial Day present. Just have it shipped up to Unique and have them "trick" it out for you, then you won't have to worry about the math or logic behind anything we try and help you with.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:59 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

this post was done a long time ago, just let it drop.....
Old 01-26-2008, 08:09 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

How do I build a box to fit on that upward angle? Can I build a triangle shaped box?

I like these boxes, Do you guys think it would be hard to guess the box dimensions and just build it however.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:26 AM
djmac95
2nd Gear Member

Seriously, this thread was the biggest waste of time I have ever read.

Here, buy this and be done with it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...2em118Q2el1247

Has the front look you are going for minus the fiberglass. Ask the guy to make it for your two 10"s.

I'm going to go try to learn something somewhere else.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:44 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

good find, that looks good and the price is cheap. But I think I am still gonna try to build a box.

Quick Reply: Anyone have specs for building sub box for 07 Mustang