Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

MP3 Won't play in Shaker 500

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:36 AM
GMILL47

Default MP3 Won't play in Shaker 500

I have an 05 GT with a Shaker 500 6 CD Player. For the first time I made a CD with music using the Windows Media Player but it won't play in the Shaker 500. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. The player loads the CD and then sits there for the longest time and then ejects the CD. A couple of times it has played a few bits that sound like a jumpy record and then ejects the CD. I have played the CD in several computers and in my Sony CD player and it is fine. Thanks for any help you may provide.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:13 PM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

I would suggest using nero, good luck!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

It probably has more to do with the media you used than anything else. I use Memorex, and have found cheaper off-brand media to be hit or miss. Generally getting the Shaker to read MP3's with decent media is pretty easy. Getting the song, album names, etc. to display is a little tougher as the Shaker only reads certain metadata ID tags.

The following site will likely help you tremendously.
http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/ShakerMP3.htm

As an FYI, I copy my mp3 files straight from my WMP folder via Explorer to "stage" a CD to create. Once I have all of the files ready I want, I make sure the file names are how I want them. I like them to play in CD order, so the first two characters in the name are the song number. Then a space, and the song name. That shows up by default on the player.

To display the album/artist name, you'll need to use something like MP3 Tag, which is described in the article. I then create an .iso file of the disk with ISO Recorder-

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Once I have the .iso, I burn it to the disk. This works well for me, as I nearly always use MP3's from my (fairly large) collection.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:56 PM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

Misbehavin, you really hit the nail on its head with your reply!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
GMILL47

Misbehavin, I thank you for your reply and solution. I shall now try and step through it.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:41 AM
GMILL47

I have used a Memorex CD-RW, but it wasn't recognized by the computer. My wife had "formatted" it for me, but friends tell me you don't need to format them. I'll try and "erase" any files to see if that helps.

Another problem and you can probably tell I am not as computer agile or literate as you... I went and downloaded the ID3 tag software you suggested and even set the fields as you showed, however, the list did not have many of the tags changed. I selected the first song, then a shift enter for the last to get all the songs and then did a file->Save Tag and did not get all songs changed or tagged as ID3. That's as far as I got.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

I have used a Memorex CD-RW
FWIW, use CD-R's. I don't think the Shaker will read CD-RW's. I'm not a 100% positive on that as I've never tried it, but there's a distinct difference between the two and I wouldn't think it will work.

My files generally have all the tags entered, so it's just a matter for me to remove the extra data, as the Shaker only read ID3v1 tag info. Do you have tag info showing? If so, it's easy. Go to Tools->Options->Tags-Mpeg, under remove uncheck ID3v1 and make sure ID3v2 and APE are checked.

Do the same for Tools->Options->Tags->APE, MPC, under remove uncheck ID3v1 and make sure ID3v2 and APE are checked.

If you don't have the tags already in place, you'll need to use one of the database check to get the info. They're listed under tag sources. I don't use it to get tags, as at this point I've already had that done. However, it shouldn;t be much more than simply clicking on one of the choices to check the file against. If there's enough to identify the song, it should grab the data. If not, you'll have to enter it in manually most likely.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:57 AM
GMILL47

Thanks, will give it a shot.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:52 PM
GMILL47

Still having problems...I'll take it from your last post.
I do have tag information showing. Some are WMA and some are ID3v2.3(ID3v1 ID3v2.3)
I have gone in and done as you instruct in paragraphs 2 and 3 above.
What do I do next? I have tried Save Tag and Remove Tag, but nothing changes. My apoplogies for the repeated questions, but I don't seem to be able to get the tags set up corretly.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

I do have tag information showing. Some are WMA and some are ID3v2.3(ID3v1 ID3v2.3)
You want it to show you only have ID3v1 tag data.

Did you step through this:
Go to Tools->Options->Tags-Mpeg, under remove uncheck ID3v1 and make sure ID3v2 and APE are checked.

Do the same for Tools->Options->Tags->APE, MPC, under remove uncheck ID3v1 and make sure ID3v2 and APE are checked.
...in the Options menu? That is paramount, and should allow the Remove Tag option to strip away info that can cause the Shaker to not read the info correctly.

Quick Reply: MP3 Won't play in Shaker 500