Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Installing an Avic D3 into a 04 GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
TorchRedGT04

Default Installing an Avic D3 into a 04 GT

I will be installing a avic D3 into my car sometime this spring, and I have a few questions. Now I have this same headunit in my 06 Explorer that I installed and it works perfectly I also added the radio shack voltage regulator due to the fact that I had popping when the stock amps turned on.

Now with the Mustang, I have the Mach 460 sound system and I plan on keeping the factory amps, but I want to add another amp for my subwoofer that I plan on putting in. This is the wiring harness that I plan on using.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207055...e-Harness.html

Will I need a voltage regulator for the Mach sound system?
Also when I hook up the RCA cables coming from the crutchfield harness do I hook them up to the sub output to the headuint? When I install my added amp can I just split them using a y-connector?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:33 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

you sound prepaired. You will need a voltage regulator, or you can also use a resistor to knock the remote turn on V down.

I think You do want to hook the rca's to the decks sub output, and you can use a Y cable if you add a sub later. I say I think because the wiring changed between the old and new systems between yours and mine and while the equipment is the same the hrns's are different. I show how I put a deck in on page 2 of my cardomain page and I bypassed the amps for the tweeters and needed to take the bass out of them to make them sound good. That hrns has speaker wires as well as rca's so I am not sure which is which.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:08 PM
TorchRedGT04

Originally Posted by ttocs
you sound prepaired. You will need a voltage regulator, or you can also use a resistor to knock the remote turn on V down.

I think You do want to hook the rca's to the decks sub output, and you can use a Y cable if you add a sub later. I say I think because the wiring changed between the old and new systems between yours and mine and while the equipment is the same the hrns's are different. I show how I put a deck in on page 2 of my cardomain page and I bypassed the amps for the tweeters and needed to take the bass out of them to make them sound good. That hrns has speaker wires as well as rca's so I am not sure which is which.
thanks, will I need some sort of bass blockers so that the tweeters work if I don't bypass the factory amps?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:50 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I think the factory amp will cross them over and keep the bass out. If not these are a couple of bucks each, one per speaker needed and it can be added. IF the tweeters have bass going to them and are distorting then you can add them