Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Amp suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Jigsaw07

Whats the biggest box you can fit in the trunk of a Mustang? I'm looking to put 2 15's, I want my car to bump hard! lol.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 AM
TC3K101
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jigsaw07
Whats the biggest box you can fit in the trunk of a Mustang? I'm looking to put 2 15's, I want my car to bump hard! lol.
not gonna happen. not enoug air space
Old 02-09-2009, 05:40 AM
thurbien

Originally Posted by TC3K101
yessir, i would look into a rlp or even a incriminator audio lethal enjection. fi q do bl's do both

any type of tc9 depending on the soft parts. alot of subs can i just dont suggest audioque hdc series
Ok, so now I'm looking at the FI Q15. This will give me the nest of both worlds? Will those amps you linked me still be enough to power it? There are some options on the website, do I want "BP Power", and do I choose "dual 1" or "dual 2" for ohms?

link
Old 02-09-2009, 03:49 PM
TC3K101
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by thurbien
Ok, so now I'm looking at the FI Q15. This will give me the nest of both worlds? Will those amps you linked me still be enough to power it? There are some options on the website, do I want "BP Power", and do I choose "dual 1" or "dual 2" for ohms?

link
yes you want the bp option and get d2 so you can wire it to one ohm. either of the amps i likey are good. i would run this sealed so you get a better respone and can play lower. i doubt you would have enough room for its proper ported box.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:49 PM
RTtim

I would run a single Kicker L7 or CVX 12'' with a Kicker KX 1200.1. Actually that amp has enough power for two subs and then some. The kicker subs in a medium sized box will still be nice and tight for playing metal or rock and have a really long excursion for the occasional "bump" that you are looking for. I went to a sound comp once with a single L7 12 and came in second at 141.3db. The first place winner was a tahoe with 4 fosgate 12 inch subs and he only hit 143db.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
thurbien

Originally Posted by RTtim
I would run a single Kicker L7 or CVX 12'' with a Kicker KX 1200.1. Actually that amp has enough power for two subs and then some. The kicker subs in a medium sized box will still be nice and tight for playing metal or rock and have a really long excursion for the occasional "bump" that you are looking for. I went to a sound comp once with a single L7 12 and came in second at 141.3db. The first place winner was a tahoe with 4 fosgate 12 inch subs and he only hit 143db.
How much "bump" are we talking? I want to have a sub I can turn down to loud but tolerable levels for listening to music, and have the option of setting off car alarms when I turn it up. Will this amp be good enough?

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/audiopi...ol-p-1452.html

Last edited by thurbien; 02-09-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:37 PM
thurbien

yes you want the bp option and get d2 so you can wire it to one ohm. either of the amps i likey are good. i would run this sealed so you get a better respone and can play lower. i doubt you would have enough room for its proper ported box.
What are the dimensions for the proper ported box? It wouldn't fit in a mustang trunk?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:07 AM
TC3K101
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by thurbien
What are the dimensions for the proper ported box? It wouldn't fit in a mustang trunk?
give me dimension of you trunk and ill come up with the best i can do. is you cara vert or a coupe?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:10 AM
TC3K101
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RTtim
umm no kicker l7 are cacka imo, and a fi q would get louder than a l7 fyi. what do you consider long excursion? ive had very capable drivers with tons of linear excursion. i dont consider a l7 to have good xmax at all but thats just me

and your thing about the l7 hitting 141.3db doesnt mean squat imo cause its 80% install and 20% equipment

there is a guy hitting over 150db legal on the tl with a single 10" type r. doesnt mean everyone can do it.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
RTtim

and your thing about the l7 hitting 141.3db doesnt mean squat imo cause its 80% install and 20% equipment

there is a guy hitting over 150db legal on the tl with a single 10" type r. doesnt mean everyone can do it.
Yeah it is all install and just having a little thought about what you do. The sad thing is you sitting here bashing Kicker products when maybe your install was wrong. Besides who are you to sit here and say that this speaker sounds better than that one. You are not capable of judging someone elses opinion of what sounds good. I merely tossed out a though for the other guy asking all the questions. As far as my 141.3 and it doesnt mean squat to you. So what. I wasnt giving you an example. And that was ina box barely big enough to hold the speaker. THere was alot more potential if it was in a bigger box.

Good for the guy with the type R sub. That means nothing to me. It is mostly install. Also, you need to take into account the type of vehicle that the subs go in. Dont sit there and try and bash a product someone else likes. And you should learn to keep some negetaive comments to yourself. Like you know everything. Doubt it.

Quick Reply: Amp suggestions?