Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

hacked up 5.0 gt harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:54 PM
lil_hulk87gt
1st Gear Member

Default hacked up 5.0 gt harness

hey guys i need a lil help with this problem only my stuff was all hacked up. the guy told me he was going to leave everything in the car. well wen i got there to pick it up he had taken the radio the amp (after market) sub everything and left everything hacked up. this is my frist stang and know nothing about their wiring. i have only owned 300zx in the past so i dont want to dig in to this with out a radio wiring harness diagram but i cant find anything on it if you guys could help me out i would apperciate it thanks..........or could i just delete the stock radio harness with those delete kits and plug eight into where the stock harness would
thank again
Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

start ONE post about this, post some pics and tell us what year the car is and we can help. I will not respond on multiple posts about the same subj its just wasting your and my time
Old 03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
lil_hulk87gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
get some pics of what was left and we can go from there. It would be easier to keep things straight if you start your own post rather then taggin onto this one.
hummmmmmm wasting your time and mine.. not trying to be a dick but why in the hell would u even post that after saying that............................ but i have an 87 gt
Old 03-03-2009, 01:18 PM
lil_hulk87gt
1st Gear Member

i have no clue how to post pic from my image on here
Old 03-03-2009, 03:54 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I was not sure which one you started and which one you tagged onto and was not going to take the time to figure it out. This is a little more then just a hobby for me, if you were asking me in person there would be a time clock involved and we get people on here that will ask 5 different questions about 1 subj on 5 posts and it gets hard to follow.

To post pics you go to the go advanced button below, and then there is a spot to insert images or you can start a photo bucket account and link the pics to here. Do you see an factory amp below the factory radio location? I pic tells a million words in troubleshooting
Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 PM
lil_hulk87gt
1st Gear Member

I understand man people cant be smart enough to do **** right srry if i came off like a dick.....I understand this not being a hobbie for you and i thank you for taking to your time to help us out. i been thinking about going into car audio school so its not really a hobbie for me either i love cars and everything about them..

ok well going to the subject at hand......i cant really seen a amp in my car,(im going to have to make an account on that site for pics) but in the pics the other kids post those two connectors the one for the power and ther for the speakers......well mine dont come no where nere as far out as his do...it looks like those where hacked off.. but i did find one that looked to be the spitting same as those but they where just alot further back.im going to try and get u pic of this tomorrow.. but could i just use those as a bypass and have everything elas work just the same... i did hook up the power part to my cd player and i did work just great.... but i could do the speakers cuz i didnt have the harness for them cause i had the head uit in a 97 mustang so i have to find those to make sure the speakers work.... srry again if i seemed like a dick man not trying to make foes just friends .....
Old 03-04-2009, 10:55 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

no worries. I have been on here probably a little too long and do not have as much patients as I used to.

If you have found your power wires then the speaker wires are easy. take a AA battery and pick a wire, any wire and touch it to one side of the battery. Now take any other wire and touch it to the other side. IF you have the two wires that corrospond to a speaker that speaker will make a popping noise. IF you hear nothing then exchange one wire for any other wire and repeat until the speaker does pop.

It is important to do this after locating the radios power wires, and this does include the dimmer wire as well.