Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Door speakers blown

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:13 AM
blkthndr03
2nd Gear Member

Question Door speakers blown

like the title says the lower door subs are blown in my car i was looking into getting new factory replacements but they run $40 a pop and i can get a decent set of components for that price so i was wondering if it would have any negative effects on the system if i replaced the stock with aftermarket. I know the factory runs at an impedence of 8 Ohms and most aftermarket run at 4 Ohms would this be a problem?? Also would i be able to run the stock amps to power the speakers.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 AM
GTRedfire03
3rd Gear Member

Yes it will have could be a negative effect...bc you will lower the impedence(from 8 to 4 ohms=double the power) will up the power from the factory amp(mach) which could in time blown the amp.

Also in your mach system the "lower door speaker" are amped and the tweeters run off the amp that is built into the factory Headunit. I dont know how much you wanting to spend but if your looking at doing a component speaker up front you may want to look into replacing everything and pulling out the stock amps.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:59 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

if you have replaced the deck already then you can bypass the amps and install any speaker you want. If you do not bypass the amp then you will need to find an 8 ohm woofer. The closest I have seen was a dual 4 ohm speaker that could be wired for 8 ohms. the deck will crap out sooner or later(what time is it now?) and then you can get the speakers you want.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:02 PM
MyMasterChief
♥♥ My Little Pony ♥♥

Hello I think you have a very nice mustang, mine is also black and also I have blown many door speakers but only in my Taxi as my passangers love my system (I pick up the younger people from the bars in Miami mostly)

Rood
Old 04-07-2009, 04:09 PM
blkthndr03
2nd Gear Member

I am still running the stock cd6, however it doesnt like to give my dcs back all the time. I tried installing an aftermarket head unit but unfortunately i could not find any harness that would work so i scrapped that project. Now the two door speaker blow the whole system sounds like sht. i do not want to replace all the wiring and all the speakers seeing how i am expecting a little one in a few months i cant afford it. I just want the annoying popping crackling when the bass hits to go away.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:01 PM
GTRedfire03
3rd Gear Member

You dont have to rewire the car it is pretty easy to bypass the mach system if you are also goin to replace the speakers along with it. But Metra make a harness that will intergate the mach system 70-5519(I believe thats the model#)...It seems like you are better off buying the factory replacement bc to get a new headunit + new speakers you are looking at more then $80 for the pair of factory speakers.... I dont think I have ever told anyone to replace factory with factory before but there a first time for everything.

Have you check ebay if anyone with selling there mach speakers?

Congrads on the baby...

Hey my buddy tmcc02gt, we just pulled out his whole mach system and said he sell them if you want... Just send him a PM...He said $50 for the pair of fronts with shipping.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:23 PM
blkthndr03
2nd Gear Member

thanks man ya ill send him a pm and about that metra harness i tried that one and it didnt fit the stock wires im still on the hunt for the right harness tho.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:21 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I just posted a link to a mach system my buddy is selling if you need parts. As he said the mach system is actually one of the easiest premium systems to integrate into. I show one methode on page 2 of my cardomain but it doesn't have to be that hard to be honest. We can get you through it if you want to put new gear it, it is worth the time and money. The indash changers are little more then a brick that will lock up your disks when it realized it has your 6 favorite........