Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

problem with my mach sound system. please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:28 PM
03Roushster

Default problem with my mach sound system. please help

I have a question. it might sound stupid, but i am new to mustangs so yeah. There is a mach 460 stereo system in my car, however all the tweeters work, but none of the speakers do. ive check everything from the speakers themselves to the fuses, and havn't really found any issues. but i did see that the mach headunits say mach on them and mine doesn't. does the regular headunit not support the amps and everything that the mach system has or do i need to get a mach headend or is it a different/bigger issue?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:05 AM
03Roushster

bump. anyone?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:28 AM
GTRedfire03
3rd Gear Member

So you have the factory headunit in there? Does it have the 6 disc changer built in? Is it a single cd player?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:53 PM
03Roushster

it's a single disc stock headunit that doesn't say mach on it
Old 06-24-2009, 11:40 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

when you say you checked fuses, which ones did you check? I suspect a fuse here and when I suspect a fuse I check all of them rather then trying to figure out which one I THINK goes to the stereo. It is not uncommon for electrical accesories to be linked to one another so it could be your windshield wiper fuse that is keeping this from working. Don't forget the fuses under the hood by the bat
Old 06-24-2009, 02:33 PM
03Roushster

there is a fuse box under hood which has two slots for the amplifiers, however those two slots are for the mach 1000 system so they are dead connectors. the bos under the steering column has i believe one slot for the amps, and that is for the 460 system. the fuses are all good. My theory is that on the standard system there are no amps, so the head end tries to shoot out a siginal straight to the speakers. Because in the 460 there are two amps that power both the front and rear speakers i believe. So when the stock headend wants to sent the siginal to the speaker, its getting blocked by the amps and because the stock head end usually goes straight to the speakers it's causing the speakers not to work. this would also explain why all the tweeters work as well, because the tweeters are siginaled straight from the head end, not the amps.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:12 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

wow, I am not going to try and read that again........

What equipment is in the car, and what are you trying to install? Your question asked why the woofers did not work it didn't mention anything about another head unit. Be complete with model numbers not size shape or color.

again, go out and check every fuse, not the 3 you suspected. It takes less time to pull ever fuse and check it then it does to take out your manual, figure out what page the fuse crap is on, read all the locations and see what you think it could be, find the fuse box and orient your picture to the fuse box and locate the one fuse. again, when they built these cars it was not uncommon to tap power from an alternate electrical accesory so it could be something stupid like your windshield wiper or rear-defrost that has blown and is keeping this from working.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:38 AM
GTRedfire03
3rd Gear Member

Man if you just got the car, then they screwed you with the Stock HU.... If You have the factory single cd player and not the 6 disc HU in that year. Then who ever had the car before you swapped it out. I beleive the single cd HU has the plug on the back of the HU for the mach system but there is no pins in that plug. So with that factory HU you have, the mach woofers will not work. Have you pulled the radio out to make sure everything is plugged in? And like I said Im about 90% sure that single cd HU isnt compatible with the mach system you will need the stock 6 disc HU or to save you from losing 6 of your favorite cds I would say buy a new aftermarket HU.