Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Sonic Electronix: Anyone bought audio stuff from them?

Old 07-22-2009, 02:43 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Default Sonic Electronix: Anyone bought audio stuff from them?

So I started looking into Sonic Electronix and thought about ordering something from them (off of ebay).

Has anyone had any luck with them both good or bad?

Supposedly there are rumors of them going on forums and hyping themselves up.....but then again that could just be people trying to sabotage the company.

They've got some decent prices and they're not TOO ridiculously low to be unbelievable...but still.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Unless there is proof of said rumors, the rumors are rumors
Old 07-22-2009, 03:16 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Unless there is proof of said rumors, the rumors are rumors
Maybe...but after I placed an order they called up and wanted to know more information on my address, year of birth, etc. They wanted to verify information to fight fraud. Could be legit...but that seemed really really odd.

Hence my post and why I have a bunch of skepticism.

Last edited by eviligloo; 07-22-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:29 PM
jplooch

hey evil,

I just today received $600 worth of equipment from them. I ordered an Infinity Kappa FIVE a Kicker wiring kit and interconnects as well as 2 sets of Infinity Kappa 682.9cf 6x8 speakers. Ordered and paid over the internet, no problems whatsoever. The only thing you have to be aware of is their warranty. Some of the products they sell are warrantied by SonicElectronix only (meaning the manufacturere does NOT warranty the products). If you have a problem you have to send the product back and sonic will replace it, you can't send it to the manufacturer. However, they ARE authorized internet resellers for Kicker brand products (and a few others i think) which means you'll be covered by the manufacturer on Kicker products. So far very happy with my purchase, i'll let you know in a week or so if it all works
Old 07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

I bought a refurbished JVC doulble din head unit from them, and everything looks and works perfectly. I would buy from them again.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:19 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

So I found out a little more about them. They are an authorized retailer of many products (like kicker and MTX to name a few). I was looking into JL audio and they are NOT an authorized dealer of them. Apparently for that stuff they buy from a distributor that scratches out the serial number.

That can only mean a couple things....they buy from shipments that end up "missing" in transit or buy damaged goods and resell them as new. My guess is the former.

I spoke with a representative and they told me that all the serial numbers for the JL audio stuff are scratched off (probably because JL audio has a record of the serial numbers of the units that are missing and they don't want to get caught and traced back to them). There is no factory warranty, but sonic electronix offers a 1 year warranty from them.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on stuff they aren't authorized to sell in case people wondered why it's cheaper than other places.

PS-The stuff they're authorized to sell (kicker, JBL, etc.) they sell at a comparable price to other people....so they're still partially legit.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Prokek

You should take a look at their warranty policy. It basically doesn't cover a lot of stuff. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/warranty_policy.php
I would just make sure you know what your getting into.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 PM
pentavolvo
2nd Gear Member

i have spent thousands with sonic and sent tons of people to them only one has ever had a problem and they took care of it right away

get the squaretrade warranty if ur worried about stuff blowing up
Old 07-25-2009, 12:41 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

I like them, I just ordered a new Alpine ida-x305(should be hear Tuesday!!!!!) but i have also ordered from them in the past.

As far as the warranty some stuff is warrantied by them I bought a Pioneer f90bt 8-9 months ago and it has a 2 yr warranty through them. If i have a issue i send them the deck and they send me a new one. I would not have to deal with pioneer. Now that being said i have never tried that little service so i cant say for sure if it is really that easy.

Just be sure to see what type of warranty is offered on the product page. If it less then 1 yrs and you are ok with that then i would see if you can get it cheaper form on ebay from a reputable source

good luck
Old 07-26-2009, 03:07 AM
Crosschek9

I live very close to them and I decided to check them out one day--to see if they were legit or just some "fly by night" shop. They looked reputable and like they were in it for the long haul. I also talked to an employee of theirs that I saw at Walmart (He had on a S.E. work shirt). He too seemed knowledgeable and legit. I am planning on buying my car audio from them because I can at least go knock on a door if it turns out bad!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sonic Electronix: Anyone bought audio stuff from them?