Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2010 Voice Activated Nav System

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:02 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I would never spend any extra money on any upgraded stock stereo. The weak link on the indash changers is that unless they have changed something, THEY ALWAYS LOCK UP WITH YOUR CD IN IT! Maybe this is the year they got it right, but for what they charge you can get a good aftermarket deck that will sound better and last longer then the stock radio.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
Nope...Still waiting on the Metra dash kit to show up.
I just shipped 10 to Germany and need to ship a few hundred more. Who did you get it from and how much did you pay?
Old 06-30-2010, 08:31 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Iskwezm
I just shipped 10 to Germany and need to ship a few hundred more. Who did you get it from and how much did you pay?
Audio installer ordered it from God knows where. I'd risk just getting it myself but he gave me a really good price on my entire system as a package deal. I'm basically getting the dash kit free and then some so I can't complain too much. If it's still not here by end of July I'll likely just order it myself though. He feels bad about the wait, called me the other day and told me he's gonna upgrade me from the Pioneer 910bt to the 920 for the wait.

@Paulibna
The one you ordered at the end of March ???

Odd, that site you linked to seems to a good site.
Yep lol, the same. It was actually April hehe. But as I said above^^ I didn't order it from that site, I just linked it so you could see it. Maybe I should have ordered from them lol.

Last edited by MOOK3456; 06-30-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Audio installer ordered it from God knows where. I'd risk just getting it myself but he gave me a really good price on my entire system as a package deal. I'm basically getting the dash kit free and then some so I can't complain too much. If it's still not here by end of July I'll likely just order it myself though. He feels bad about the wait, called me the other day and told me he's gonna upgrade me from the Pioneer 910bt to the 920 for the wait.

@Paulibna

Yep lol, the same. It was actually April hehe. But as I said above^^ I didn't order it from that site, I just linked it so you could see it. Maybe I should have ordered from them lol.
we just did some testing and found the Metra kit has a current draw of 50 amps and killing batteries wervy quickly. We also found the fan buttons were a bit erratic on 3 of the 5 kits we had.I have also had calls from other dealers with the same issues so its not isolated.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:02 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I assume you mean 50mA after the key is off? way too high and would cause problems on a weak battery in only a few days.

how can a button be bad? Are they that cheap?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:20 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
I assume you mean 50mA after the key is off? way too high and would cause problems on a weak battery in only a few days.

Well just from the pics I've seen they look pretty cheap lol. But since scosche is dragging their feet, the Metra seems to be the only option at the moment unless I wanna fabricate something myself.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:27 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs

Yes, with the key off, the current draw is too high.Its killing vehicles with good batteries.We didnt get too far into the part to see why, we just sent them back to Metra till we finish developement of our part.

the buttons feel cheap, they are slow to actuate the controls for the blower speed or air mode.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Paulinbna

Well just from the pics I've seen they look pretty cheap lol. But since scosche is dragging their feet, the Metra seems to be the only option at the moment unless I wanna fabricate something myself.
Have scosche said they are working on one that incorporates synch?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Paulinbna
Have scosche said they are working on one that incorporates synch?
Who knows..Last I read, the scosche kit alone wasn't going to be in production until November.

To be perfectly honest, I'm really considering just keeping the stock radio for now ('till it dies). With the signal interface on it...It really sounds great lol. It's louder than any system I've had before and crystal clear. I'm debating if the nav is really worth the trouble/money and the fugly dash kit at this point. Not to mention if someone looks in my car, they see nothing worth breaking a window for.