Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Metra 2010 Mustang kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:43 AM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
I'm gonna hold off and see what the SCOSCHE looks like installed ... it uses the factory SYNC display instead of an LCD replacement. All other controls are a color touchscreen ...

now thats what I'm talking about...

clean, and upscale looking... I feel like metra's buttons are very cheap and crappy looking.

Any ETA on the scosche kit?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
mondo73
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by starbai
now thats what I'm talking about...

clean, and upscale looking... I feel like metra's buttons are very cheap and crappy looking.

Any ETA on the scosche kit?
Spoke to a Scosche rep today and the rep said that there is a delay in production and the kit won't be released until November.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:30 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mondo73
Spoke to a Scosche rep today and the rep said that there is a delay in production and the kit won't be released until November.
ewww... But seeing as the metra kit my audio guy ordered a a month and a half ago still hasn't come (sigh), I may end up waiting that long anyways lol. If it never comes I'll probably go with the scocshe also. I really dislike those buttons on the metra.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:04 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
ewww... But seeing as the metra kit my audio guy ordered a a month and a half ago still hasn't come (sigh), I may end up waiting that long anyways lol. If it never comes I'll probably go with the scocshe also. I really dislike those buttons on the metra.
november works for me- i probably wont even attempt to get a 5.0 till the 2012 model hype has died down a bit once my accord has gotten all old and gray
Old 06-03-2010, 03:02 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

as much as I would love to get into the new 5.0, I think I will wait for them to find and work out any bugs in the system like they have done so many other times......
Old 06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

The problem ihave with the metra kit is that it adds buttons that most of the cars probably dont need, like the heated seats. Mine doenst have it and buttons with no purpose irk me. that said, most cars probably don't have the dual zone climate control that the scosche kit shows either. I wonder if it woudl work on a car lacking the comfort package or if they think that we will just be fine with non functional controls.

Anyhow, I write about tech for a living and work a lot with scosche's PR dept. i just asked the pr schlep to get me some info and if i can talk about it I'll post it up when i hear back.

scratch that went back and actualyl read the iamge rather than just looking, i see the screen adjusts for each car. maybe i need a review unit...
Old 06-03-2010, 03:24 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
as much as I would love to get into the new 5.0, I think I will wait for them to find and work out any bugs in the system like they have done so many other times......
Agreed, Mid 2012 should be perfect
Old 06-03-2010, 09:59 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I am thinking I would rather wait for th 2014 and get a 50th aniversary edition.....
Old 06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
mondo73
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
The problem ihave with the metra kit is that it adds buttons that most of the cars probably dont need, like the heated seats. Mine doenst have it and buttons with no purpose irk me. that said, most cars probably don't have the dual zone climate control that the scosche kit shows either. I wonder if it woudl work on a car lacking the comfort package or if they think that we will just be fine with non functional controls.

Anyhow, I write about tech for a living and work a lot with scosche's PR dept. i just asked the pr schlep to get me some info and if i can talk about it I'll post it up when i hear back.

scratch that went back and actualyl read the iamge rather than just looking, i see the screen adjusts for each car. maybe i need a review unit...
Good luck with getting a review unit. It is going to be a while before it goes into production again.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:08 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mondo73
Good luck with getting a review unit. It is going to be a while before it goes into production again.
Launch set for "Fall" is all they are saying. that and she warned me that it would be expensive, which isn't a good sign. Schosche isn't exactly cheap as it is.

Quick Reply: Metra 2010 Mustang kit