Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Custom exhaust shop near Charlotte?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:33 PM
FastBreak
1st Gear Member

Default Custom exhaust shop near Charlotte?

Looking for a referral for a custom exhaust shop around Charlotte or Concord. This isn't for the Mustang, it's an LS1 rx7. Not much room under there and I'm tired of trying to bend/weld it just right on my own...
Old 07-30-2011, 10:38 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I'm not sure of the "best" shop, but from my experience, most dedicated muffler or exhaust shops are pretty good. There's one here in Hickory that gained my business the first time I went. They let me come in the back and watch every step of the way as they installed my Pypes Mid-Muffler system. They welded everything in, did a little custom work because my old brackets and stuff were shot.

I would just look for somewhere that can tell you care about your car, and doesn't shy away from letting you see them do the work. If that bothers them, then I would question them. I'm sure someone here can direct you more in the Charlotte area, but I would really just go around and talk to shops about it and see if they seem knowledgeable. If you feel comfortable talking with them, then they can probably handle the job.