Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Thinking about moving to SC!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Default Thinking about moving to SC!

Hey all! My names Josh, but you can call me Doyon (either or). I thought i'd just stop by and intruduce myself as I may be moving to SC. I wanted to check out this section and I can tell you that I already love it haha, may just have to pick where I live by the amount of people who frequent this Regional section.

Currently we are thinking between Texas and SC, maybe NC. More specifically Greenville, SC or Weatherford/San Antonio, Texas. Or we might just stay here in the rainy state of Washington.... Lord help me out of here. Right now the Girl friend is in Greenville looking at houses and other things to see if she likes it, as i've already been to all those places. Love the southern hospitality, my mom was from Texas, so I have a lot of that in me (good or bad haha)

I can already see that there is a lot more going on in the car world over there, than over here, which I love! I really like to be active with other members and events going on. My "Stang" is a 1999 35th Anniversary Edition GT with Performance Red paint (I sure love that color!). Has plenty of mods for now.... who am I kidding, they could always use more haha. Future plan would be either twin turbo or a Supercharger, once I haven't spent money on it in a while and the lady says its okay.

Hope to maybe see a few of you guys in the near future and get to some events and even help out if needed!

Oh and I'll post some pictures, I know you wanna see them

First two are from a local car meet held every weekend here.

When I first picked her up!

This was the first time I actually really waxed a car by hand.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Doyon
Hey all! My names Josh, but you can call me Doyon (either or). I thought i'd just stop by and intruduce myself as I may be moving to SC. I wanted to check out this section and I can tell you that I already love it haha, may just have to pick where I live by the amount of people who frequent this Regional section.

Currently we are thinking between Texas and SC, maybe NC. More specifically Greenville, SC or Weatherford/San Antonio, Texas. Or we might just stay here in the rainy state of Washington.... Lord help me out of here. Right now the Girl friend is in Greenville looking at houses and other things to see if she likes it, as i've already been to all those places. Love the southern hospitality, my mom was from Texas, so I have a lot of that in me (good or bad haha)

I can already see that there is a lot more going on in the car world over there, than over here, which I love! I really like to be active with other members and events going on. My "Stang" is a 1999 35th Anniversary Edition GT with Performance Red paint (I sure love that color!). Has plenty of mods for now.... who am I kidding, they could always use more haha. Future plan would be either twin turbo or a Supercharger, once I haven't spent money on it in a while and the lady says its okay.

Hope to maybe see a few of you guys in the near future and get to some events and even help out if needed!

Oh and I'll post some pictures, I know you wanna see them

First two are from a local car meet held every weekend here.

When I first picked her up!
Love the at the pump pic... I was expecting a comment along the lines of "Where it spends most of it's time"

Anyway, Ya'll come on down here. We have a great community and we try to keep things interesting. Typically there's something car related going on all the time.

Nice Stang too!

Last edited by Jeffk; 06-04-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Love the at the pump pic... I was expecting a comment along the lines of "Where it spends most of it's time"

Anyway, Ya'll come on down here. We have a great community and we try to keep things interesting. Typically there's something car related going on all the time.

Nice Stang too!
Thanks Jeff! I really hope the lady likes it over there, it's a big change for her though, lived here all her life, but shes the one who suggested we start our own life! So keeping the fingers crossed haha.

I always have to be out doing somthing, so hearing theres car stuff going on all the time is great! The local mustang guys here only meet either once a month or every other month...I'd get cabin fever from waiting that long haha.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Shoot... look at this month here in NC.
Last weekend 500+ cars in Lenoir at Cruise-in
This weekend.. Diamondback cruise
Next weekend you've got 2 choices - Gateway show and GTG or Fayetteville Drag races.
23rd - Roush show.
.. Mustang week is coming up, Fun Ford weekend just to name a few.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Your making me antsy! haha Sounds like a good place to live for those into the car scene.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Greenville, SC...great choice. That puts you just about 30 minutes away from the best school in the country! I may be a bit biased though...

Truly though, it's a great area. Greenville has a great downtown and some killer restaurants. Plus you're a short drive from some Clemson Tiger Football in the fall!

Hope to see you soon in the area, and good luck with the decision making process, it's definitely an important one.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
Greenville, SC...great choice. That puts you just about 30 minutes away from the best school in the country! I may be a bit biased though...

Truly though, it's a great area. Greenville has a great downtown and some killer restaurants. Plus you're a short drive from some Clemson Tiger Football in the fall!

Hope to see you soon in the area, and good luck with the decision making process, it's definitely an important one.
Glad to hear! I truly love the downtown life along with great places to eat, us being young we like to get out as much as possible haha. It's great that we'll be next to a wonderful school, that is always a plus to live by.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:33 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Doyon...You guys need to get on over here to the South East and join the fun. The Red GT would look great parked at one of our events.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:35 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Don't forget the great NC mountain roads. That is reason enough to move here.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:42 PM
nuke0791

if you come out this way, check out charleston. beautiful and alot of history. east coast rocks man, lived on it my whole life from hampton roads to here

Quick Reply: Thinking about moving to SC!