Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Did anyone here do this to me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Default Did anyone here do this to me?

so im at a stop light coming off the exit ramp (I40) in clayton (42&40). im sitting there waiting to turn onto 42, and the driver of a green or silver mustang hangs out his window, almost hitting a car in front of him, to wave at me and get my attention like it was my wife coming home from a 6 month trip. he was waving feverishly and honking smiling and going bananas. it was a younger fella. LOL. it was crazy. this person obviously has some major love for other mustang drivers.

its funny because a few times i have driven next to shelbys on I40 and they dont even acknowledge my puny existence. i offer a simple wave that goes unappreciated. those Shelby owners....
Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Order_66
so im at a stop light coming off the exit ramp (I40) in clayton (42&40). im sitting there waiting to turn onto 42, and the driver of a green or silver mustang hangs out his window, almost hitting a car in front of him, to wave at me and get my attention like it was my wife coming home from a 6 month trip. he was waving feverishly and honking smiling and going bananas. it was a younger fella. LOL. it was crazy. this person obviously has some major love for other mustang drivers.

its funny because a few times i have driven next to shelbys on I40 and they dont even acknowledge my puny existence. i offer a simple wave that goes unappreciated. those Shelby owners....
^^some people's children...sigh^^

Thankfully my last encounter with a "Fellow Mustang Owner" was at the gas station.
Guy wanted to know if i would trade straight up for his 07 Bullit
Old 06-26-2012, 07:50 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
^^some people's children...sigh^^

Thankfully my last encounter with a "Fellow Mustang Owner" was at the gas station.
Guy wanted to know if i would trade straight up for his 07 Bullit
I would almost have to think about that for a couple of seconds. I love that 07 Bullit, as long as it's in Highland Green.

But only for a couple of seconds.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:05 AM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Order_66

Being an owner, I have to tell ya.... I HAVE NOTICED THE SAME THING!!! I have been out in my daily driver (07 Dodge truck) and given a couple of thumbs up to guys out in their Shelbys only to be ignored. Then later run into them at a car show or cruise in and they walk over and start talking to me since I am there with my car. I even asked one of them why he was talking to me now since he didn't respond when I gave him a thumbs up sitting beside him at a red light.... he offered no realistic excuses.

I know a lot of down to earth, normal guys that own a GT500, but I also know just about an equal amount that put off the wrong kind of vibe. You aren't alone, it drives me crazy too
Old 06-26-2012, 08:54 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

I drove through Canton NC a while back and a red GT500 pulled up beside me. I held up a finger to the driver(can't remember which one) and his car sucked all of the horsepower out of mine and my wheels fell off. It took AAA forever to get me started again. They had to buy some parts from the Carquest there in Canton. Who was that guy?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 AM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
I drove through Canton NC a while back and a red GT500 pulled up beside me. I held up a finger to the driver(can't remember which one) and his car sucked all of the horsepower out of mine and my wheels fell off. It took AAA forever to get me started again. They had to buy some parts from the Carquest there in Canton. Who was that guy?
You gotta watch out for that guy in Canton... there's no telling about that kid!! I've heard he is part of some strange cult!!
Lol

I laughed so hard when I read this they actually came over to my office to see what was so funny!!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Hey Steve...If I made you laugh...my work here is done. Have a good one my friend.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Those damned cult members are badddd news!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Those damned cult members are badddd news!!!
We see all and are know it all's...I mean know all. We are watching you Jeff...don't underestimate the power of SSS(Secret Steve Society)
Ummmm...If I told you about SSS it's not such a secret anymore and that means...that means...Just watch it buddy.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:56 AM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
We see all and are know it all's...I mean know all. We are watching you Jeff...don't underestimate the power of SSS(Secret Steve Society)
Ummmm...If I told you about SSS it's not such a secret anymore and that means...that means...Just watch it buddy.
Time for a name change..... now introducing the SSAOGNJS (Secret Steve And One Guy Named Jeff Society). Rolls off the tounge quite,..... well, nevermind.