Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Finally took some new pics.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 AM
xomustangchick
1st Gear Member

ahh im sooo jealous! i want your car!!! the pictures look really good!!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:25 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
I have the Cannon t3i and Lr4...
What camera do you have?
Same setup as you, T3i and LR4.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. The one before the last is my favorite as well. I'm enjoying the car and the attraction it demands.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Beautiful car! Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Looks good. It does need a little drop.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 AM
winggs

Great Pictures
Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Same setup as you, T3i and LR4.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. The one before the last is my favorite as well. I'm enjoying the car and the attraction it demands.
This is the setting you need to use.

When you aren't good at using manual settings to get the perfect shot, put your selection **** Av. That setting is Aperture Priority. I also have my focal point on the center dot when shooting cars. Check out the CD that came the camera. You can also check out some of my photos if you like. I'm also using a blue vertical polarizing lens now too. Of course there's technique for using that too. If you know all this already, sorry, just trying to share what I've learned so far.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

This is the setting you need to use.

When you aren't good at using manual settings to get the perfect shot, put your selection **** Av. That setting is Aperture Priority. I also have my focal point on the center dot when shooting cars. Check out the CD that came the camera. You can also check out some of my photos if you like. I'm also using a blue vertical polarizing lens now too. Of course there's technique for using that too. If you know all this already, sorry, just trying to share what I've learned so far.
It's always great to hear new tips and learn more techniques. I was using the standard 18-55 lens in Av mode. I'm going to get a 50mm f/1.8 lens shortly. I have 3 lenses but 2 of them are for longer range, I need a close up lens which is why I'm gonna get the 50mm. What lenses are you using?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I have quite a few. I still need to get a wide angle. I have the 18-55, 55-250, 28-135, 70-300, 170-500. The other setting I will use is the Ca mode. I will then select max blur of the background. Again, using only the center dot for a focal point. I try to use the rule of thirds if it fits the need of the shot. Here's the link to all my stored pics.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...7233171/albums
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

I have quite a few. I still need to get a wide angle. I have the 18-55, 55-250, 28-135, 70-300, 170-500. The other setting I will use is the Ca mode. I will then select max blur of the background. Again, using only the center dot for a focal point. I try to use the rule of thirds if it fits the need of the shot. Here's the link to all my stored pics.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...7233171/albums
Some very nice shots in there, quite a bit to go through as well.

Yeah I have the 18-55, 55-250 and 75-300. I got all of them in a sweet package deal from amazon. I need a find a great backdrop to get some nice photos in. I'm happy with what I've done with only using this camera for about a month or so. LR4 is a great program with a very high leaning curve though.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Some very nice shots in there, quite a bit to go through as well.

Yeah I have the 18-55, 55-250 and 75-300. I got all of them in a sweet package deal from amazon. I need a find a great backdrop to get some nice photos in. I'm happy with what I've done with only using this camera for about a month or so. LR4 is a great program with a very high leaning curve though.
Lr4 is awesome. Also, are you taking your photos in RAW format? If not you should. You can export them later in JPEG format. I can explain the difference if you don't know. I'm getting Photoshop as well. I've heard CS2 is free. If so I'll send you the link. I'm looking for it now.

Quick Reply: Finally took some new pics.