Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Where Would You Not Drive Your Classic

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 04:46 AM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Nothing wrong with walmart they are a huge company and pay the workers better then any other retailer out there.I use to make 15 a hour as a 3rd shift stocker few years back.
Did they keep you to 39 hours so you weren't full time and they didn't have to give you benefits? Did they fire you if you tried to organize labor to MAKE them give you 40 hours?

Did they buy 90 percent of their goods from China? Im tired of paying for their shiney new tanks.

They only reason you got 15$ is because you were 3rd shift which is overnight right? Secondly, the only reason they pay better than other retailer out there is because they put the rest out of business.

Dont get me started with that f$%king place. They could make a world of change by slowly transitioning to all American goods. The Walmart I worked at in HIgh School was a decent place to work etc. The thing is that the manager confided in me that the store was clearing tens of thousands of dollars in profit daily.... and passed none of this onto their workers. No profit sharing, nothing.

Last edited by lunarweasel; 12-03-2008 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:31 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

30 hours up is full time i got 2 paid days every month i worked the healthcare was crappy but i still got the stock i own of them and it keeps going up.I got a bonus check every quarter if the store sells all other bullcrap was up which it was was in the nice part of town very little stealing.Most of there stores if different store to store even department to department.If you was a cashier you get screwed anything else you make good money.Kroger only paid me 9 a hour 3rd shift stocker they was union and i could only work 29 hours a week so i wasn't counted as a full time.And i had to pay union dues.I have seen both sides and screw a union they only help them selfs and hurt everyone else.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 AM
fast65
5th Gear Member

I don't drive mine off-road or in snow, other than that I'll drive it anywhere, but I will try to park as far away from everyone as possible.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Anyplace where I can't park it myself and keep the keys. That goes for any car I own.

Norm
Old 12-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Nothing wrong with walmart they are a huge company and pay the workers better then any other retailer out there.I use to make 15 a hour as a 3rd shift stocker few years back.
This is a joke right? You're yanking my chain?

Ok, in case you AREN'T heres whats wrong with Wal*Mart

Despite your $15 an hour, you were unable to unionize. Only one Wal Mart has unionized, and Wal mart stepped in a week later and CLOSED THE STORE.

Wal Mart IS a big company! And you know what their marketing plan is? They find neighborhoods with little mom and pop shops, they move in and literally sell EVERYTHING below their cost. This way everyone shops there, until the small stores close up. Once they're gone, wal mart hikes their prices, and all the consumers have forced themselves to shop there... Everyone else is closed!

In order for a Company to sell at Wal*Mart they're required to lock their product in at a certain price for a certain length of time. So let's say Johnson and Johnson wanna sell bubble bath to Wal Mart. They are REQUIRED to guarantee a certain price for that product for 3 years. WHO THE **** CAN AFFORD TO DO THAT? No one that employees US citizens. So they are forced to outsource all the labor.

So while YOU were making a measily $15 an hour (Could've been more, if you had a union to back you) Some OTHER Americans were closing their stores, or losing their manufacturing jobs to some Asian kid making $.14 an hour (Not exaggeration)

So yeah. Wal Mart is a great corporation. Nothing quite like a conglomerate that shuts down locations where their employees become empowered, forcing the closing of small business, and sending more goddamn work overseas when the Unemployment rate in this country is higher than EVER BEFORE.

Again, I'm going to BEG you to reply and tell me you were joking. If you need me to write a 30 page thesis on why Wal*Mart is TERRIBLE for this country, let me know. I could do it without any problem.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

How in the HELL do you figure an union only helps themselves (wouldnt this mean the union members anyway?) There is a Kroger here that the union within is UAW. Don't ask me how, it just is. Fact of the matter is the employees at this Kroger make literally DOUBLE what the next Kroger makes.... so yeah.... I guess the Union is only concerned with it's own wellbeing..

Try stepping wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back and looking at the BIG picture.

You buy from wal mart. The product you buy is manufactured in China. So the employees that build the product, the management, supervisors, and VPs and CEOs of that company are in China... look at ALL the people you are supporting that are paying taxes... TO CHINA. instead of America. Losing jobs and lack of taxes. And as much as we ALL complain about taxes, they ARE necessary. (Just not necessary for them to be as high as Bammy will make em come January) So if taxes are necessary, GOD FORBID we pay gthem to OUR Government and OUR Country, rather than ****in ASIA.

$15 an hour is NOTHING. I was a temp at Ford working midnights making $24.50 an hour. I made $22.00 on days. Fords a big company too. Just like Wal Mart... only difference? I had a UNION. I'm a republican through and through, but I LOVED having my union to back me. I received a Christmas bonus of $1900 after taxes and a Signing Bonus for the union contract of $3000.

But yeah, walmarts a great place. Huge company... totally takes care of their workers and Our country.

Wal mart is the Toyota of Grocery Stores.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:17 PM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

And the unions had nothing to do with the steel mills pricing themselves out of the world market, effectively shutting down the steel rollers and certainly didn't have anything to do with Motor City's huge *** mess today(oozing sarcasm, just in case you missed it). UAW is the greediest of greedy today...you pointed that out yourself with your Kroger example. The union works miracles when it is under control and I'm not going to argue the value of the union in the early 1900's and what they **********ly did to support the American workforce. I'm not here to support corporate America either, if they weren't so obsessed with Billion dollar returns, the unions wouldn't thumping their chests. Motor City wants my tax dollars to help bail them out their mess....fine I'll help but they better agree to put a cap on their profit margins and unions need to realize that not everyone makes $25/hour as a temp worker....time to go back to the bargaining table. No need to rip on the Japs, they run an efficient business without exhorbinant cost over run or hugely insane bonuses. Looks like a blueprint for success to me. Now with all that said, I did go out back in February of this year and purchased a $54K Expedition, didn't pay that much for it but that was the sticker....why did I do it? Because I COULD and because that's what I WANTED.....wasn't to support Ford or the union or the economy, that vehicle is what appealed to me. Company Emblem didn't matter to me, I've owned MANY different vehicles from the Big Three and a Toyota and I'll continue to buy what appeals to me, in the auto world. As for WalMart, they sell cheap poorly manufactured items from China, by and large....and I choose to stay away....as for the Union vs Corporate, it's high time for them BOTH to wake up and smell the coffee, both are to blame for Detroits BIG 3 debacle.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 PM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

Geez, sorry guys....I broke my cardinal rule....no discussions about race, religion, politics or economics....please forgive me....won't happen again.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Wait, wait.

So you're going to rag on Ford and the Union for providing me $25 as a temp, and both of my parents work for Ford, so God forbid they make a good wage the enabled me and my family to have a good income and have everything we needed growing up. But The Japs solid business plan? Is this some sick irony? The Japs business plan is to pay a worker to stay a TEMP indefinitely. NO good wages. NO Benefits. NO Pension. NOTHING. They work for nothing and DIE with nothing. I couldn't gve a rat's ***, to be honest, but let's face it, they're getting ****ed.

When you're done tooting your own horn about your 54K price tag on your silly Expedition, come back to reality. It's nicer down here. I DO support Ford, and the emblem and name, because it has put food on my table my entire life.

You wanna rag on the union and Ford? My mother is salaried (corporate) and my father is hourly. I don't know that anyone sees both sides of the table like I do. And I respect them both for what they are.

Did you hear Ford asked for 9 Billion? Yeah, read more into it next time. They want it just in case, but don't expect to use it because they expect to be breaking even before taxes this year, and by 2010 PROFITING. Alan Mulally, CEO of Ford, said if Ford has to TOUCH that 9 bil., he'll work for $1 a year until it's paid off. But you didn't want to mention that. Why? Because it would conflict with your arguement about them waking up? Or because you don't bother reading into things, you just want something to cry about?

I bet you had no problem bailing out the banks though? The banks which combined employ less than 1/3 the amount of people of any one of the Big Three do, but you'd readily help them out. I don't know what you do for a living, but I promise you this, if ANY one of the big three fail, your job will be hurting too. I GUARANTEE that. Because if the millions of people employed by the auto industry lose their jobs, they won't be able to afford ANYTHING. Then you bailing out the banks will be worthless, because 10 times more people will be jobless and bankrupt.

But yeah, you sound like a smart guy. Japan has a logical business plan.

So take your Expedition and move there. We don't need people like you taking up space in our country anyway.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:33 PM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

I wouldn't drive it on water, cars tend to sink.

Quick Reply: Where Would You Not Drive Your Classic