Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

This makes little sense.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
JamesW

Put 20 people in a room and any 5 won't like what's going on. It's just human nature.

Read the sticky at the top which defines what goes here and what goes in Tech Section.

Non mustang goes in OT
Old 12-16-2008, 06:59 PM
racin66coupe
5th Gear Member

firefox hasnt cut my hyperlinked words :'(
Old 12-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Gun Jam

it works for me...Try getting the Ad block plus (ABP) add on for free from the mozilla page. Its killer

-Gun
Old 12-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
At least here at MustangForums you can disable the Vibrant advertising popups. On some forums you cannot. I think the option to suppress this is buried somewhere on the screen that pops up when you click on the question mark. Every once in a while I have to stumble through it again.

Firefox is not an option for my computer at work, and I'm not nearly enough of a computer geek to risk screwing up my home internet and email connectivity and have to learn a second system just to install it there.

Norm
Thanks, Norm.

I use FF and still get the Vibrant ad links. They screw up the posts, if you ask me.

I bookmarked the link to disable the ads. If you accept cookies, this site will re-install the Vibrant cookie, so you just have to disable it every time you log on.

CP
Old 12-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JamesW
Put 20 people in a room and any 5 won't like what's going on. It's just human nature.

Read the sticky at the top which defines what goes here and what goes in Tech Section.

Non mustang goes in OT
Whats the definition of 'technical" though? "Technically" speaking a question about, say, the original color of someones seat is a technical question, as it has a set answer. What makes my "technical" pencil different from a standard pencil that does the exact same thing?

I seem to recall all the fuss being made about getting this "general discussion" section in here was so that we, the "classic mustang crowd" didn't have to go to OT where the "OT people" are a bunch of mindless morons (to paraphrase) and we could have off-the-topic-of-our-classics related threads should the occasional thought surface.

I don't remember anyone asking for a subforum so we could separate threads about engines from threads about stitching. We asked for a forum to put of "off topic" threads in (because our mods didn't like us posting them) so we could post with each other and not involve the shenanigans of the off topic people; what we got was a forum for non mechanical related threads. That's my problem, we just got a forum and it was decided it was for something we never asked for.

See where I'm coming from now?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Gun Jam

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking...The better laid plan of mice and men I gather.

I guess it is what it is...at least I'm a war with the little green underline hyper-linked words now thanks to discussion..

-Gun

P.s what makes a technical question vs a non-tech question? nothing really as almost 90% of the questions here could be argued as tech questions...Even the non-questions like "Hey look at this pic of my new air cleaner or new exhaust." Someone might say you know it looks like it might be the wrong size for that carb...or someone will want to know how the exhaust was welded up and how it sounds.
It's up to the mods to make a decision as to what section it goes in (its that simple) regardless of whether its a "tech" question or not.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:41 AM
blue66mustang
2nd Gear Member

We could have a contest to see who could get the most linked words in a single post.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Try having the forum remember you each time your computer connects to it. I don't seem to have as much trouble as some people are having and that's the only difference I can think of offhand.

Norm
Old 12-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Gun Jam

You go right ahead Blue66 The linked words don't bother me in other people's post I cant see them anyhow because firefox empowers me...but when they appear in my post it really bothers me even if i cant see them....It would be the same thing as little dick drawings appearing randomly in his message when ever the good Carlos Pineiro posted his thoughts..He would be livid. I feel the same way about this linking crap (its childish and does jack #### for good) ..I will not stand for it. Just to make sure you guys know im not blaming anyone (That i know here) and I hope you can see why I feel that way about....for that matter im not asking anyone to do anything about it either....I got it on lock

-Gun
Old 12-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nabster
Whats the definition of 'technical" though? "Technically" speaking a question about, say, the original color of someones seat is a technical question, as it has a set answer. What makes my "technical" pencil different from a standard pencil that does the exact same thing?

I seem to recall all the fuss being made about getting this "general discussion" section in here was so that we, the "classic mustang crowd" didn't have to go to OT where the "OT people" are a bunch of mindless morons (to paraphrase) and we could have off-the-topic-of-our-classics related threads should the occasional thought surface.

I don't remember anyone asking for a subforum so we could separate threads about engines from threads about stitching. We asked for a forum to put of "off topic" threads in (because our mods didn't like us posting them) so we could post with each other and not involve the shenanigans of the off topic people; what we got was a forum for non mechanical related threads. That's my problem, we just got a forum and it was decided it was for something we never asked for.

See where I'm coming from now?
Technically, you're right, lol.

I originally though the new forum would be an OT sub forum for the classic mustang posters. James had once mentioned that 2 OT forums would be redundant, but not if the members rarely cross post. Since there's almost no cross traffic between old car peeps and the new ones, it's like MF is two different sites.

To better differentiate the two current forums, one should be devoted to tech posts and classic DIY, while the other for non tech talk such as driving stories, Mustang history, Interesting cars for sale, etc. Perhaps the two forums can be better labeled for the newbies and others.

CP

Quick Reply: This makes little sense.